Unable to Connect to EA Servers (ps5 digital)

by Herbyy20

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to Connect to EA Servers (ps5 digital)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have been getting “unable to connect to ea server” messages for about a week now. I had my wifi technician come and check and said everything was working perfect. I’ve done all the ea help steps and still can’t connect to servers. I’ve even stayed on the phone for 2 hours to talk to PlayStation Support and they only said it was an EA issue. And have had no luck getting help from EA via email. (Ps5 digital - Madden 22)

Message 1 of 20 (87,867 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to Connect to EA Servers (ps5 digital)

★★★ Newbie
@Herbyy20 Yo I've had this issue with myself and my friends and I've found a lot of solutions for ps4 and ps5.
Keep the game on the the home screen for apex where it says it can't connect. Then click your ps button go to settings and then you can do 2 things
1. Disconnect your internet, turn it back on and then try the game
2. Do an internet speed test then go back onto the game.

No.2 generally works for me and my friends 90% of the time

View in thread

Message 8 of 20 (85,411 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi, @Herbyy20 

We'll help get you connected. I take it you have a PlayStation + membership to access our online servers for the modes with online multiplayer or Face of the Franchise.

Do you know if you are able to connect using a different PSN ID if the game is shared to another user on the console?

I've seen some players get around this error by signing out of their account at the main menu for Madden and then signing back in. 

If you haven't yet power cycled your console and network, these are first great troubleshooting starting points we want to make sure are covered before going into any advanced troubleshooting. 

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

How to power cycle your PlayStation console

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4/5 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 5 minutes. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 20 (87,777 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yea none of these steps worked

Message 3 of 20 (87,759 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for coming back to update us, @Herbyy20 

I want to know if it's related to WiFi so we know how to troubleshoot this faster.

Is there any way you can use an ethernet cable and directly plug your console into the router so we can decide whether we need to consider opening up ports for your router's WiFi?

You said it's been doing it for a week. Did you make any changes to your network just prior to when it stopped working? 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 20 (87,746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Herby, @Herbyy20 

I as well have had issues connecting to Madden and NBA2k Servers. Do you live in an apartment that has wifi provided? If so, I may have a solution for you. I discovered that my internet provider has a firewall set up that blocks me from connecting to Madden and 2k Servers (I can still play Call of Duty). 

My network provider informed me that if I provide them the "ports" required to access the servers, they can grant me access. If you live in a apartment/complex, I would recommend inquiring whether there is a firewall in place. THat is what worked for me, and I had to figure that out on my own.

I hope this helps.

Message 5 of 20 (87,716 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had an Ethernet cable connected from my router to my ps5 with no change. My internet has never been changed and also got it checked out.

Message 6 of 20 (87,701 Views)

★★★ Novice

What are the ports?

Message 7 of 20 (87,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Herbyy20 Yo I've had this issue with myself and my friends and I've found a lot of solutions for ps4 and ps5.
Keep the game on the the home screen for apex where it says it can't connect. Then click your ps button go to settings and then you can do 2 things

Message 8 of 20 (85,412 Views)

Community Manager

@chourdy123 wrote:

@chourdy123  Thanks for sharing!

We also have had some players recently mention that they need to sign out of all PSN IDs on their PlayStation before signing back into their primary PSN ID they want to play on to fix the connectivity error. 

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 20 (85,405 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@chourdy123 I did it, and it worked thanks
Message 10 of 20 (84,910 Views)