UFC 1 & 2 Not Installing Despite Owning the Disc

by rgn4re7nbgxz

Original Post

UFC 1 & 2 Not Installing Despite Owning the Disc

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello,

I uninstalled UFC 2 on my Xbox One a while ago in freeing up some space for UFC 4, but when I went to reinstall it from the disc, it wouldn't work. Then I went to the Microsoft Store to try that way, but it's "unavailable" there. I've been a fan since EA MMA, and I get licensing and all that, but this is my favourite in the series. Why can't install a game I have physically owned for years? I would love some help.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22 (19,445 Views)

Re: Ufc 2 Not Installing Despite Owning the Disc

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I spent $40 on this game on disc and it's my favourite of the series. It's mind-boggling that it would be removed when UFC 4 is such a mess. I even own most of the DLC, but now they're not worth anything. Maybe I should just boot up the PS3 again and play some UFC Undisputed 3 since that actually works, 10 years later. Extremely disappointing.

Edit: I tried EA UFC 1 too which is apparently also unavailable. It is very annoying for games I have already payed for to become inaccessible without any explanation whatsoever. I would love some assistance since my reports get silently resolved too.

Message 2 of 22 (19,324 Views)

Community Manager

@rgn4re7nbgxz 

Hey there. What exactly happened when you tried to install the game from the disc? Did you receive any type of error message?

If you purchased the game digitally for your account it should be available to re-install under your My Games and Apps via sorting the filter for uninstalled. 

Have you reached out to Xbox Support to ask why it's showing up as unavailable for your Xbox account? Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having trying to get UFC 2 & 1 to work again. 

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 22 (19,203 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I bought the disc but anywhere on the xbox store UFC 1 and 2 are "unavailable". I've tried different devices and logins but it simply isn't there to download. No error comes up when the disc is inserted, because it isn't available in the store to authorize the install. I didn't buy it digitally because back when the games came out I didn't have the internet to spend on the games. I bought it new from EB Games. Even on my PS4 UFC 1 doesn't show up on the store page, and UFC 2 only has the deluxe edition. I doubt it's an Xbox problem, it would make more sense if my issues were "resolved" without comment because it's been removed from the store. This "glitch" has been going on for weeks and weeks so I have little faith in playing one of the good games in the series, since UFC 4 was such a disappointment. I'll try Microsoft support, and Sony support, who I'm sure are responsible and not EA, who developed and published the games

Message 4 of 22 (19,188 Views)

Community Manager
@rgn4re7nbgxz If you have the disc version you'll have to install it with the disc. Only a purchased digitally copy on your Xbox account will authorize the digital installation.

Does it work if you try installing it from a different Gamertag or by removing your Gamertag from the console and re-add it? It's likely this is account related as we haven't seen any other reports on this and it's a matter of identifying what's causing it not to install.

Have you checked your console to ensure it has the latest software update and power cycled the console?
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 22 (19,181 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes that's what I said.

I have the discs, I insert the discs, nothing comes up, so I went to the store, and both games are now unavailable to purchase. What I was saying before is that usually when you insert a disc, the game installs. However, it is now totally unavailable in the store. Are you telling me that if it's unavailable in the store, that it will install anyway when a disc is inserted? Because that's what isn't happening. There is no option on an Xbox One to download manually with a disc, without using the store, for obvious DRM reasons. 

My console is newly updated and this problem has persisted over months. The reason nobody else has had this problem is likely because not many people uninstalled the game and then tried to reinstall them now they've been made "unavailable". I'll try power-cycling and checking my account but I have no other issues with any games that aren't UFC 1 or UFC 2. 3 is available and is redownloadable too. I'll update when I've tried these fixes too.

Thanks

Message 6 of 22 (19,178 Views)

Community Manager
@rgn4re7nbgxz Hey there. Wanted to check up and see if you're still having trouble with this. Hopefully those steps worked, keep me updated!
Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 22 (19,104 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey. Thanks for following up.

No I tried all those suggestions and none of them changed it.

UFC 1, 2 and 3 are "currently unavailable" on my Xbox One, with a disc, on two seperate accounts. And 1, 2 and 3 are also "currently unavailable" on the PS4 store too. I doubt it's my console since I've updated it, power cycled it, not to mention the games aren't available to buy on my phone online either for both stores.

Unless EA retroactively region locked the games for Oceania only (which is terrible considering I spent significant money buying all 3 games new), or its unavailable for more than just my region.

It sucks because of the downward trajectory of the series. UFC 1 sucked compared to Undisputed 3 or even EA MMA and the Fight Night series, UFC 2 was the height of the series (which the features slowly being stripped away in follow ups), and 3 and 4 were rinse and repeat cash grabs. Luckily you guys heard our complaints about buying movies as microtransactions in 3, only to then drop a bunch of awful looking cosmetics, in a sport with a regulated uniform (which isn't a feature anymore, you actually can't even choose the shorts fighters actually wear! Only denim bs and holographic underpants...)

I'm a massive MMA and UFC fan, so I would buy any combat sports game (and I have!). Either theplentiful bugs, awful ground game, and lack of general content in 4 improves miraculously, or the  other games become available again. Otherwise I'll have to switch back to Undisluted 3 on my PS3, and avoid EA from now on. The games don't even have to be good, they just have to work.

Message 8 of 22 (19,078 Views)

Community Manager
@rgn4re7nbgxz There are region locks for PlayStation and for Xbox if you're trying to install the game with a disc from Europe on a North American console you will not be able to. That doesn't seem to be the case though since you said you've installed the game with the same discs a while back.

Did you ever reach out to Xbox Support to see what they could find on their side for your Xbox account?
Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 22 (19,073 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey.

Look I'll reach out to Microsoft and Sony support, but it doesn't seem logical. If I cant buy the games on either console, across 3 accounts, or anonymously online, then it has nothing to do with European region locks. I bought the games from Oceania for Oceania. How could my account be responsible if I cant find an option to byt the games on ANY device, even annoymenously. It seems like the games are just unavailable, across both stores, on PS and Xbox. I dont know how that would occur for several unrelated accounts, unless its region locked now for here, or has been made unavailable by noth stores simultaneously. What am I supposed to say to Microsoft or Sony support? That the games dont work across all consoles and platforms for me, across multiple accounts, and are unavailable to by online from a seperate account. Unless I'm being tracked and blocked by both stores, it can't be a problem on my end.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 22 (19,066 Views)