Re: No commentary from announcers during the fight on PS4

by McLarenHonda16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No commentary from announcers during the fight on PS4

★★★ Newbie

Are Rogan and Goldberg supposed to be announcing the fight as it goes on? When I play there is no broadcast audio and it's turned up to 100 volume. They chime in at the end of the rounds for the highlights but there is only ambient sounds during the fight. Is this normal? The demo had the commentary in the game and I was surprised it wasn't working on my copy when I purchased it. 

Message 1 of 10 (13,771 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Got the same problem. I tried changing my audio settings on the console but nothing worked. Could my disc just be defective?

Only inbetween rounds and after the fight is when the commentary kicks in, which is really weird. Also, it seems glichy, as the commentary gets cut off mid-sentence as it transitions to the next replay or whatever.

SOLVED EDIT: K guys, found the solution. It is in in-game audio settings thing. Go into Audio Settings and pick the "Custome" set up. Then spin the wheel so it's in between Broadcast Mix and Party Mix. This way your Commentary Audio Level should be set at 100.

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (15,616 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Had something like this on my x1, managed to figure it out. 

Is your PS4 hooked directly into your tv via HDMI? My console was set to Dolby Pro Logic 7.1 or whatever, but the TV is obviously just stereo. Think all the commentary is going through the center channel and won't be heard if its like this. 

Maybe check the settings on your console for audio (nothing in the game you can change), and see if its similar. 

Message 2 of 10 (13,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good call, I will check it out when I get back home to the console. It is hooked up via HDMI cable so I'm hoping that's the case. Thanks!

Message 3 of 10 (13,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Got the same problem. I tried changing my audio settings on the console but nothing worked. Could my disc just be defective?

Only inbetween rounds and after the fight is when the commentary kicks in, which is really weird. Also, it seems glichy, as the commentary gets cut off mid-sentence as it transitions to the next replay or whatever.

SOLVED EDIT: K guys, found the solution. It is in in-game audio settings thing. Go into Audio Settings and pick the "Custome" set up. Then spin the wheel so it's in between Broadcast Mix and Party Mix. This way your Commentary Audio Level should be set at 100.

Message 4 of 10 (15,617 Views)

★★ Novice

i have the same problem on my x1

Message 5 of 10 (13,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Well I have French commentary on my uk game!!!
Message 6 of 10 (13,559 Views)

★ Novice
I got the exact same issue also on PS4 !! Only audio heard is the music until the fight ends . No crowd or commentary. Sort it out EA !!
Message 7 of 10 (13,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Guys, it's all in the audio settings by the sounds of it. Does anyone know if there's a way to increase the entrance music, because it's barely audible?
Message 8 of 10 (13,449 Views)

[FIXED] No commentary from announcers during the fight on PS4

★★ Novice

If you have lost commentary and sound effects, the reason is likely that you have your console's audio settings set to Dolby 5.1 or Dolby 7.1, but are not running a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker configuration.

Going to your console's audio settings and changing it to stereo will fix the problem.

If you do have a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker config and are still not hearing commentary, ensure the audio settings reflect your configuration (eg., don't have it on 7.1 if you have 5.1) and make sure your center speaker is connected to the center channel on your receiver.

Message 9 of 10 (12,760 Views)

★ Novice
It's a UFC copyright thing. They don't want anybody to use thier property
Message 10 of 10 (10,334 Views)