Re: I CANT CREATE MY GAME FACE

by GawdSB

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I CANT CREATE MY GAME FACE

★★★ Newbie

I cant create my Game Face. I've followed all 5 steps multiple times, using different pictures and following every detailed direction. Every time I get the same error message "There was an error uploading your photo and generating your Game Face. Please Try again". I'm using FireFox. Any tip?

Message 1 of 22 (27,003 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@BOGRX 

100% sure the reason it's erroring out is because of the background you have behind you. The system will have trouble placing the markers and generating the face when there's different shapes and colors behind you. Try taking a close up picture in front of a plain wall. The whiter the wall the better, but the color in the background you had should be fine. The darker the background the more likely it will error out too.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 22 (26,585 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@FR3D_B0IZ40 

Can you try uploading a new picture where the picture is taken a little further out so you have more background behind you? 

Have you tried using Chrome instead of Firefox?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 22 (26,870 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here.  Get the same error, tried this on Chrome, Safari and Firefox.

Message 3 of 22 (26,857 Views)

★★ Novice

Also should add that when looking in dev tools, the specific error I get is the following:

Bad Gateway

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Idk what backend change was made but this has been a problem since 2017 and still doesn’t work.  Don't see how this is still a problem.

Message 4 of 22 (26,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am using Chrome and I get this error every time. I tried IE and Opera too.

There was an error uploading your photos and generating your Game Face. Please try again.

Message 5 of 22 (26,622 Views)

Community Manager

@BOGRX 

100% sure the reason it's erroring out is because of the background you have behind you. The system will have trouble placing the markers and generating the face when there's different shapes and colors behind you. Try taking a close up picture in front of a plain wall. The whiter the wall the better, but the color in the background you had should be fine. The darker the background the more likely it will error out too.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 22 (26,586 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue with these two files. They match the criteria and are shot infront of a plain white back drop. I have been trying now for almost a week to get this working.

Message 7 of 22 (26,304 Views)

Community Manager

@ThePrawnIdentity 

Those pictures should be fine. If there is anything to be changed I suppose it could be the lighting, but it seems to all align with the requirements.

To confirm, have you tried clearing your browser's cache, reinstalled Chrome or Firefox, and tried uploading your Game Face on both browsers?

Clearing your Browser's Cache

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clearing-your-browsers-cache/

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 22 (26,272 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Hi, yes i have unistalled and installed both with cleared caches and this is still not working.
Message 9 of 22 (26,259 Views)

Community Manager

@ThePrawnIdentity 

Have you been able to upload before?

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 22 (26,264 Views)