why won't my game update

by vickieshaw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

why won't my game update

★★★ Newbie

I have the game, it is installed but it keeps telling me the game has an update that my computer won't let download, (download failed) why, what do I need to do to be able to play The Sims Medieval Special Edition or Deluxe edition???

Message 1 of 6 (786 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: why won't my game update

EA app Team

HI @vickieshaw,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues to play your game, let's try to find out what's wrong so you can update and play again. You installed your game through Origin, right? In that case, please, make sure you have enough space in your hard drive for the update to download. Is the download failing after a while or you get that error message as soon as the download starts?

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,045 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

HI @vickieshaw,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues to play your game, let's try to find out what's wrong so you can update and play again. You installed your game through Origin, right? In that case, please, make sure you have enough space in your hard drive for the update to download. Is the download failing after a while or you get that error message as soon as the download starts?

-Mai

Message 2 of 6 (1,046 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Mai @vickieshaw,

similar issue for me...

when I try to update my games (and currently all of them need an update), the origin interface just puts them in queue. They stay there... and nothing gets updated, not even after x weeks. I even cannot re-download any other games purchased before.

Some questions:

- What might I be doing wrong?

(I do not get feedback from the origin interface on what might be wrong)

- How much free space do you need?  5-10-50-100 GB?
- Can you address the space needed to an external USB-C drive?

- Can you track download/install progress?

Can you help?

Thanks!

MVa

Message 3 of 6 (437 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @MevalonicAcid,

Welcome to the forums! Standard smile

It doesn't sound as you are doing anything wrong, but as if some Origin files are wrong for some reason. Indeed, what you describe can usually be fixed by deleting Origin cache.

Please, close Origin completely and follow the steps in this article to clear Origin cache: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't work, then we can think of other options Wink

-Mai

Message 4 of 6 (429 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai,

all actions executed as described but it didn't work. Updates remain in queue...

Any other tips & tricks?

MVa

update.JPG

Message 5 of 6 (412 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hi @EA_Mai,

all actions executed as described but it didn't work. Updates remain in queue...
Any other options?

MVa
Message 6 of 6 (355 Views)