the sims ps2 not working

by thatoneloser16

Original Post

the sims ps2 not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i got the sims for the ps2 and it doesn't seem to work. its not scratched and its not the ps2, other games work fine. the sims just works when it wants and i dont know how i get it to work sometimes. the disc is blue so maybe my model has a hard time reading them but i don't know.

Message 1 of 13 (2,460 Views)

Re: the sims ps2 not working

Champion

@thatoneloser16 , we'll need some more information before trying to help you. Can you please answer the following questions:

1) Which version of a Playstation are you trying to play the game on? PS2, PS3 or PS4?

2) If playing on a PS3, does it have the PS2 cross compatibility enabled? 

Thank you.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 13 (2,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

oh my god im sorry. i really need to proof read my stuff LOL. yes it is a ps2 and its the fat model. it only works some times.

Message 3 of 13 (2,434 Views)

Champion

@thatoneloser16 , no problem. Standard smile I just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page. Standard smile It could be that the laser reader may be out of alignment and may need to be adjusted. (Had an old CD player that happened to and once it was fixed it was right as rain). You would need to look up someone in your area who fixes electronics that has a good reputation. Can you play your other games ok on your PS2?

Just trying to think of what could be causing it to not play other than the disk itself.

Message 4 of 13 (2,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah my other games work just not sims

Message 5 of 13 (2,423 Views)

Champion

@thatoneloser16 , it might be the disk. Trying to think of other things to do and try.

Message 6 of 13 (2,395 Views)

Champion

@thatoneloser16 , found this information while helping another player. Have you tried a CD/DVD lens cleaner? It cleans the laser reader in the disk drive. I just looked on Amazon and they are not expensive. Try that and let me know. Standard smile

Message 7 of 13 (2,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks

Message 8 of 13 (2,355 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Did that solution work?

Message 9 of 13 (1,979 Views)

Champion

@Elegancy1 , I am not sure. The OP has not reported back if it worked.

Message 10 of 13 (1,958 Views)