Re: sims 2 neighborhoods crashing

by SunflowerSimmies

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 2 neighborhoods crashing

★ Apprentice

I've had the sims for a very long while now. I have the sims 2, 3 and 4 all in which have a lot of cc, expansion packs and stuff packs. My laptops hard drive needed replacing last year and it wiped all my games but not my download files, so I just reinstalled my sims games and everything was back to normal. BUT I've noticed that when I play sims 2 and try to make a neighbourhood it crashes halfway through and when I reopen it there's a neighbourhood named "seasons". When I enter this neighbourhood it's just a blank version of riverblossom hills and not the terrain I chose. For example: if I wanted to make a new neighbourhood with the same template as blue water village it would start making it then it would crash, I'd come back and it'd be titled seasons and look like riverblossom hills. I'm really confused and I'm not too sure how to fix it. 

There's another issue where I try to open the bonvoyage holiday destinations (example: twikki island) and it just crashes during the loading screen. 

I want to avoid having to reinstall all my games if that's possible because I have so much content and would rather not risk losing it all. Is there anyway I could fix this? This hasn't happened ever before in all my years of playing the sims 2. 

Message 1 of 10 (4,446 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Thanks for trying, @SunflowerSimmies.

I would try to install my games through Origin, in case there's some issue related with the discs.

Please, contact one of our advisers through EA Help, Twitter or Facebook they might be able to turn your physical version of the games into digital.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (5,097 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Oh and also:

when I enter the neighbourhood "seasons" I try to decorate it and add lots then I'll close and reopen my game and it'll look just the same as before.. a blank version of riverblossom hills. So I literally can't make a new neighbourhood at all.  

Message 2 of 10 (4,441 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @SunflowerSimmies,

This is definitely really strange! Sorry for the wait, let me try to help you Standard smile

Could you tell us if you are using the disc version of The Sims 2 games or The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, installed through Origin? Also, could you let us know which Windows you have in your computer?

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 3 of 10 (4,431 Views)

★ Apprentice

All my sims 2 games are on discs and I have windows 10 

Now that I think about it, I had windows 8 before my hard drive was replaced and all my games worked fine (then it updated to windows 10) I reinstalled my games and this has been happening. 

Message 4 of 10 (4,422 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @SunflowerSimmies,

It might be related to some compatibility issue with Windows 10. Could you try to run your games in compatibility mode?

Please, follow these steps:

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2
  2. Open the folder of the last pack you installed. The one you need to introduce your CD for when you try to play.
  3. Inside that folder, you should find a folder named TSBin. Open that one also.
  4. You should see an exe file which name starts 'Sims2' in that folder. Right click on it and select Properties > Compatibility.
  5. Check the box to 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' > Windows XP Service Pack 3

Try to run the game now. Any changes?

-Mai

Message 5 of 10 (4,417 Views)

★ Apprentice

Awesome, thank you! I'll give this a try (:

Message 6 of 10 (4,407 Views)

★ Apprentice

I tried it and it's still crashing, I took a screenshot and saved it to my computer but I'm not too sure how to send it on here.

Basically, it crashed while 'creating weather' (which again links to seasons) so I think this has a lot to do with that. 

Message 7 of 10 (4,403 Views)

EA app Team

Thanks for trying, @SunflowerSimmies.

I would try to install my games through Origin, in case there's some issue related with the discs.

Please, contact one of our advisers through EA Help, Twitter or Facebook they might be able to turn your physical version of the games into digital.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask Standard smile

-Mai

Message 8 of 10 (5,098 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have never heard of anything like that but you might've downloaded a bad mod or cc to ruin your game without you knowing. There are some bad mods and cc out there so I usually look in the comments to see if there are comments like 'Oh, this didn't work' or like 'This ruined my computer!'.

Message 9 of 10 (4,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@SunflowerSimmies    You should try to copy your save files to another file so you don't lose it in the process of deleting every file of that game then you download the game again then you should still have the save files copied to your clipboard then you can press crtl v then try to open up the game and see if the crashing stops but before you try that save your whole sims file in a separate folder so that if this doesn't work you can still play.

Message 10 of 10 (3,803 Views)