Re: "THIS PROGRAM WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS PROJECT" ERROR

by natsnorigin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"THIS PROGRAM WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THIS PROJECT" ERROR

★★★ Apprentice

Hey so I got The Sims 2 on PC as a DVD, I tried to install it by clicking AutoRun. Nothing happened the first time, I then ran the program in a mode for Windows 98. It worked this time showing the language select menu. Once I picked my language a popup came up saying "This program was not prepared for this project" error. I keep getting it. I've tried installing it with different OS compatibility modes (Only 98 works). Also, I contacted EA and they said they couldn't do anything as the game is now called a "Sunset game" meaning they can't help as it's not supported.

Please help me someone, I just want to play The Sims 2 Frown Thanks!

Message 1 of 10 (1,624 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 Okay I solved it. I turned off my wifi, put the autorun in Windows XP SP3 compatibility and it worked!

View in thread

Message 9 of 10 (1,477 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@natsnorigin , I am guessing  you are trying to install the game on Windows 10. You need to do a Google search for installing Sims 2 on Windows 10 and you should be directed to a Microsoft website which will give you instructions on how to install and bypass the code registration feature which is no longer supported by EA/Maxis.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 10 (1,591 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 Hey I've looked everywhere and cannot find the website. Would you be able to add a link? If not, it's okay.
Message 3 of 10 (1,579 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

<snip>

Message 4 of 10 (1,555 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 Thank you but I'm actually having problems installing ts2 not updating it or installing expansions.
Message 5 of 10 (1,543 Views)

THE SIMS 2 INSTALLATION ERROR

★★★ Apprentice

Hi I'm still having this problem when I run The Sims 2 setup file. "This program was not prepared for this project". Yes, I have ran it in the Windows XP compatibility mode but when I run the file nothings happens, literally nothing. Only running it in Windows 98 compatibility works. Still the same error though. I'll add a screenshot 

Btw My OS is Windows 10 Pro

Message 6 of 10 (1,503 Views)

Champion

@natsnorigin , I've searched and seen videos on YouTube that show step by step how to install Sims 2 on Windows 10. One method is to extract the files from the disk and then open them with a program( like WinRAR or a similar program) that can decompress the zip files. Have you tried that way? 

Message 7 of 10 (1,500 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 Hmm I'll try this, thanks!
Message 8 of 10 (1,494 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 Okay I solved it. I turned off my wifi, put the autorun in Windows XP SP3 compatibility and it worked!
Message 9 of 10 (1,478 Views)

Champion

@natsnorigin , Wonderful!

Message 10 of 10 (1,441 Views)