please bring the original sims to MAC

by e84aqi00evzk

Original Post

please bring the original sims to MAC

★★ Novice

hi! I really would like to buy the original sims for my new Macbook. can you please bring it to MACs

Message 1 of 13 (4,275 Views)

Re: please bring the original sims to MAC

Hero
@e84aqi00evzk Unfortunately, there haven't been any official news regarding The Sims 1 on Mac.

If you have an Intel Mac, you might be able to install Bootcamp and the PC Windows version of the game on it; you'll need an external disk drive and the game disks.

If you have an M1 Mac, you could try something like Parallels to run Windows on Mac and, on it, the PC Windows version of the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 13 (4,249 Views)

Champion

@e84aqi00evzk , even if you found the original Mac disks of The Sims (aka Sims 1) I'm afraid they wouldn't run on any modern Mac due to the game using something called the "PowerPC chip" which is no longer supported by Apple. Also Sims 1 is 32 bit, so you'd have to be able to run Mojave. Not sure if the Windows version would work on newer Mac laptops even if they were Bootcamped or ran through Parallels.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 13 (4,239 Views)

★★ Novice

yes thank you all for your suggestions. but what im requesting is that they rerelease the original sims collection for modern day computers. that version of the sims is my favourite and I know other people would purchase it too because ive been hearing so much talk about it in different forms of media. 

Message 4 of 13 (4,225 Views)

Champion

@e84aqi00evzk , Aspyr is the company that ported the game for the Mac. You might try contacting them to see if they have any plan to remaster the game.

Message 5 of 13 (4,217 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you so much! you're amazing! I will give that a try <3 

Message 6 of 13 (4,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any luck,? I have been waiting for the re release of Sims 1 for YEARS. At least 10+ years lol.

Message 7 of 13 (3,511 Views)

Hero
@marialaconi Since Aspyr originally ported The Sims 1 to Mac, you might want to ask them. Maybe one day they give it a Sims 2 treatment, but I find that unlikely to happen any time soon.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 13 (3,502 Views)

★★ Novice

hey! um I had luck in companies replying to me. but that's where it ended. perhaps if more people emailed them to show that there truly is a demand that might help.

Message 9 of 13 (2,768 Views)

Champion

@e84aqi00evzk , perhaps but Aspyr is the one to contact, not EA/Maxis in this case. Sorry we couldn't be more help.

Message 10 of 13 (2,740 Views)