please bring back the sims 2

by ZebraYet

Original Post

Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

★ Pro
I also missed the event. Would be amazing to see it back in stores again for a short time. Never forget Open for business, one of the best expansions to date imo.
Message 11 of 16 (723 Views)

Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Message 12 of 16 (705 Views)

Re: Who wants Sims 2 on Origin?

★ Novice
@camerons829 Pff so sad! TS2 is my life. I miss it so much. I got all the expansions and i was 1 month to late for the ultimate collection. I hate it so bad. :'(
Message 13 of 16 (672 Views)

sims 2

★★ Novice

Please offer Sims 2 to buy.

Message 14 of 16 (535 Views)

Re: please bring back the sims 2

★★ Apprentice

Id love if they brought back the sims 2 for digital download, I wouldn't even mind if they sold it as a triple A game. They don't even need to support it and make updates for it id be happy if i only got to download/buy it. I sadly didn't have a computer when you could get the digital version and it was to late by the time I did have one Frown(

Message 15 of 16 (117 Views)

Re: please bring back the sims 2

Champion

To everyone:

The digital download of Sims 2 Ultimate Collection ended in late 2018 at which time the game was retired by EA/Maxis. Before you ask, yes, I have asked if there are any plans to remaster and bring back the game and the official answer is no.

The only way to play Sims 2 unless you were lucky to obtain the free giveaway prior to 2018 is to purchase physical copies of the game on disk. This will require the purchase of an external disk drive which isn't very expensive these days. You can find copies of the game on Amazon or E-Bay or at local game stores that sell used games or thrift stores. The game will run on modern Windows computers with some minor tweaks. If you still have your disks and wish to play the game, please start a new thread and the folks here will be happy to help you.

The only digital version of the game still available for purchase is from the Apple App Store for Apple Computers. It does not include the full run of the game, but does include every thing that was ported to the Mac by Aspyr.

EA is very aware of the response they have had for years now asking for the game to be brought back and there have been hundreds of polls, threads, petitions over the years on here, the Sims Forum and on many Sims fan sites. As stated at the beginning of this post, there are no plans to bring the game back. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 16 (106 Views)