Ea please bring back the sims 2 i really want to play the sims 2 

Message 1 of 16 (3,630 Views)

Re: please bring back the sims 2

★★★ Newbie

Yes i want it back too 

Message 2 of 16 (3,588 Views)

Who wants Sims 2 on Origin?

★★★ Novice

I am aware that EA had a promotion and since October 2018 are no longer giving away copies to your Origin Account, even if you have the original discs for Sims 2. I, unfortunately found out that they still would’ve gave me the game if I would have found out 3 days before I did (I found out 3 days after they ended support, not kidding at all). I have asked over and over to them, begging for it, taking a good 20 minutes each time in EA Help. Asking if they could somehow force it to go threw and add to my library. I even have the discs for it and some expansion packs, I asked if they wanted pics and the CD key, but they said they couldn’t do anything even if I did send them. I decided to just send them anyway and told them I did, they looked at them and said the CD key was invalid (because they are no longer supporting it). I said it had never been used and asked to speak with the supervisor or manager, because they usually have more power to do stuff. The rep didn’t even let me talk to the supervisor, he just said, “my supervisor would tell you the same thing.” I honestly think if more and more people keep asking on EA Help, they will have to add it to Origin, free or even at a cost, I would buy it. If you want to help by contacting them a couple times asking about it, here’s the link:  https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-sims-2

Who Else wants Sims 2 on Origin?

Message 3 of 16 (3,562 Views)

Re: please bring back the sims 2

[ Edited ]
Champion

@dogpopsthesims and @ZebraYet , while I know everyone would like to have digital copies of Sims 2, EA has made the decision to no longer support the game. This happens with older titles that many times do not work and play well on newer machines either because of the OS or newer graphics cards or whatever. 

I will be marking this thread as solved.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 16 (3,532 Views)

Re: Who wants Sims 2 on Origin?

Champion

@camerons829 , while I understand your frustration, but really this topic has been covered over and over and over again. Even if anyone else calls EA Help Support, they will get the exact same answer you did even from a supervisor. 

Message 5 of 16 (3,535 Views)

EA app Team
Hey - heads up that I've merged a couple threads here.

I understand the desire to play The Sims 2 through Origin and that this is not what you want to hear, but as Tremayne mentioned, we no longer support this and as far as I know, there's no plans to bring The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection code support back.

Please, take a look at this article for more details: https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/the-sims/the-sims-2/ending-code-support-for-the-sims-2-ultimate-colle...

Thanks for being so passionate about The Sims,
-Mai
Message 6 of 16 (3,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me I really want to play this game, I can't beleive EA decided to end it I'm litterly crying

Message 7 of 16 (3,369 Views)

Sims 2

★ Novice

Dear Ea please bring back the Sims 2 there was so much sim lore that I wish was brought back to the games. The original characters felt like they had this mystery that you had to solve and I missed it so much. It may be outdated but the Sims two was truly genius and I wish we could solve or understand the lore like Bella goth do lethario the Capps and Monty's it fascinates the players who have grown up playing your games. I was young when I played this game so I missed the small details, apparently there's no way to buy the game anymore. Ty for your time.

Message 8 of 16 (3,325 Views)

Re: Sims 2

Champion

@Shamroxfox , the only copies available for purchase are disk copies that are typically found on Amazon or Ebay. You'd need an external disk drive to install and read the disks when you play. If you play on a Mac, the Apple App Store does have the Mac port of the game still for sale. To my knowledge this is the only digital version of the game available.

Message 9 of 16 (3,301 Views)

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

★★ Novice

HelloStandard smile There are still people who love The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. I dream of a day when it will be available again. Please, Studio. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is perfect.

Best regards Standard smile

Message 10 of 16 (3,304 Views)