my sims 2 wont load since i installed windows 10

by Shoozie72

Original Post

my sims 2 wont load since i installed windows 10

★★★ Novice

HI IVE RECENTLY UPGRADED MY PC AND OPERATING SYSTEM TO WINDOWS 10 AND MY SIMS 2 AND ALL OF MY EXPANSION PACKS WILL NOT LOAD OR RUN (15 EXPANSION PACKS IN ALL). I JUST GET THE ERRROR MESSAGE TSUPD.EXE HAS STOPPED WORKING AND THE EXPANSION CEASES TO LOAD. I DID HAVE AN EA ACCOUNT BACK IN THE DAY BUT HAVE SINCE LOST ALL RECORD OF IT AND WHEN I TREID TO REREGISTER MY COPY OF SIMS2 AND ANY OF ITS EXPANSION PACKS IT JUST SAYS THAT MY COPY IS ALREADY REGISTERED AND WILL NOT LET MY CONTINUE. QUITE FRUSTRATING AS ITS THE ONLY REASON I HAVE SOUGHT TO UPDATE MY PC TO A GAMING ONE.

Message 1 of 5 (770 Views)

Re: my sims 2 wont load since i installed windows 10

★★★ Newbie
Same here Frown I can't figure out how to install it like I enter the disc and it won't even show that I have a disc Frown have you figured this out?
Message 2 of 5 (716 Views)

★★★ Novice

I called EA customer helpline eventually and they asked for the codes and installed the whole Sims2 onto Origin for me, they were more than helpful.

Message 3 of 5 (641 Views)

Message 4 of 5 (634 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes problem resolved by very helpful EA/Origin collaboration. I provided the customer service employee with four of my codes, he got bored and just asked which packs/expansions I owned so I said EVERYTHING and he honoured the purchases by sending them to Origin free of charge. I then sold the pc discs as they were no longer needed.
Message 5 of 5 (423 Views)