missing neighborhoods

by kristinabeeb

Original Post

missing neighborhoods

★★ Novice

I haven't played my game in probably...six months to a year. I have it loaded on an old laptop so I break it out when I get the urge to play. Last night, I pulled the laptop out, the system was running incredibly slow when I tried to play so I ended up uninstalling a bunch of unrelated programs, doing a disk clean up and basically cleaned house on my laptop - but didn't touch anything related to the Sims 2. 

I had to find the workarounds to the launcher erroring and finally got my game to load but now I have entire neighborhoods missing, like Strangetown, which is where I have a lot of families saved that I've been working on for ages. When I go into my folder and look at the neighborhoods, it's listed there but they're not showing up in the game. 

Has anyone else noticed this problem? 

I'm attached to these characters in the sense that I've had them for years and have vague recollections of them but honestly haven't played them in so long that i have no idea what random storylines I'd assigned to them so it really shouldn't be a big loss to me but...nostalgia, you know. 

Message 1 of 1 (86 Views)