Re: is there a list of advanced launch options for origin launcher?

by momshavinfun

Original Post

Accepted Solution

is there a list of advanced launch options for origin launcher?

★★ Novice

i'm asking cuz i can't seem to find one anywhere, and i've tried, but all i get are topics for anthem, apex, battlefield, etc. and even then, said topics don't give a full list of commands, and how to use them, not even some of the wiki sites i've tried have any info on them, just where the input box is. so if a staff member or someone who helped make the list of commands for origin launcher could step up, i'd apreciate it, cuz i'm trying to launch my sims 2 ultimate collection in windowed and at 1600x900 resolution.

Message 1 of 5 (14,725 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@Guilly_SoulStar To launch the game in that resolution, you would need to add "-r1600x900" (without the quotation marks) to the command line. Make sure that your game is able to use those higher resolutions by applying the Graphics Rules Maker fix to your game. You can easily find it online.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (14,694 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Guilly_SoulStar To launch the game in that resolution, you would need to add "-r1600x900" (without the quotation marks) to the command line. Make sure that your game is able to use those higher resolutions by applying the Graphics Rules Maker fix to your game. You can easily find it online.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (14,695 Views)

★★ Novice

so, you're saying the only way for me to do that, since the ultimate collect that origin/ea gave away a while back only runs in 800x600, is to use a mod?

Message 3 of 5 (14,684 Views)

Champion

@Guilly_SoulStar , no, it's not a mod. You actually have to edit some game code. If using Graphics Rule Maker didn't give you the options for different resolutions, you will need to edit a few lines of code in the Graphics Rule.sgr file to include larger resolutions. Let me know if you need additional information on how to do this and what to edit.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (14,672 Views)

★ Apprentice

You are going to manually modify the program to run in windows (I did this last week when I upgraded to a new computer/Windows 10.

I also had a shadow issue where boxes showed up under sims and that was easily corrected.

If you still need help please post I will see what links I can find to help.

Message 5 of 5 (14,648 Views)