i want to get the sims2(final) ..i miss the download in 2014..

by oenoixiu

Original Post

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Download?

★★★★ Novice

Hi there.

I'm wanting to play The Sims 2. I really enjoy The Sims Series and I believe it helps with regulating my emotions due to personal mental disorders.

Origin doesn't seem to have it or be giving it away. I do know there is a S2UC download online and that it seems to be the recommended way to get it but I'd prefer not to break EA's rules.

I can't find The Sims 2 anywhere to purchase or play for free and it seems very odd that EA will allow a remake of TSO but not allow people to easily get The Sims 2. What happened to Origin offering codes for it? A reddit post stated to keep asking Live Chat Support for it and eventually EA will give it to you as they say it's not a matter of EA not having it as apparently they have it available. 

I don't know but I'd really like to play The Sims 2 the proper way. Is there some sort of EA Manager I can talk too?

Message 31 of 109 (3,231 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Download?

Community Manager

Hi @Primethion2021

I've moved your thread over to the 'other Sims game' section. Here there's a pinned thread on the subject of 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection'. In there I shared this post:

@EA_Lanna wrote:

Hi Simmers, 

We noticed a few threads and posts, more so recently, asking about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and whether it's going to make a return on Origin

Please know, there are currently no plans to sell or giveaway this game again in the foreseeable future. Our teams are dedicated to working on current and future sims additions like expansions and DLC. 

We wanted to say a big thanks to all for taking the time to stop by Answers HQ about this. It's always great to see that passion for The Sims 2 is still around after all these years. Standard smile 

Happy Simming o/

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 32 of 109 (3,202 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Download?

Champion

@Primethion2021 , you can purchase the Sims 2 on disks and to install and play will require an external disk drive since most modern computers no longer have one. You can purchase external disk drives at a reasonable price either online or in an electronics store. As for purchasing the game, copies can be found on E-bay, Amazon, in game stores that sell used games and in thrift stores. The only digital version of Sims 2 available for purchase is for the Mac and it is found on the Apple App Store.

If you have any issues installing the game, please feel free to post again and we will be happy to help you. The game does run on Windows 10 and 11 with a few tweaks. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 33 of 109 (3,184 Views)

★★ Novice

Message 34 of 109 (1,337 Views)

Re: i want to get the sims2(final) ..i miss the download in 2014..

Community Manager

Hi @oenoixiu,

I've moved your thread over to the 'other Sims game' section. On this board, you'll see s a pinned thread on the subject of 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection'. In there I shared this post:

@EA_Lanna wrote:

Hi Simmers, 

We noticed a few threads and posts, more so recently, asking about The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and whether it's going to make a return on Origin

Please know, there are currently no plans to sell or giveaway this game again in the foreseeable future. Our teams are dedicated to working on current and future sims additions like expansions and DLC. 

We wanted to say a big thanks to all for taking the time to stop by Answers HQ about this. It's always great to see that passion for The Sims 2 is still around after all these years. Standard smile

Happy Simming o/

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 35 of 109 (1,334 Views)

Hero
@oenoixiu Unfortunately, it is not possible to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection anymore.

The only ways to get it officially are purchasing The Sims 2 Super Collection (Mac), or physical copies of the game (PC).

Hopefully one day EA realizes that the game is still in demand, but, until then, these are your only options.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 36 of 109 (1,314 Views)

★★ Novice

Can you tell me more? how to buy the game .could you provide the link to me? thank you very much!!

Message 37 of 109 (1,304 Views)

Hero
@oenoixiu Mac version is available on Apple’s App Store as a digital download.

And you can find the PC version (physical copies) on eBay, Amazon, etc. If your PC doesn’t have a disk drive, you can buy an external one.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 38 of 109 (1,269 Views)

★★ Novice

@mate54 thank you!

Message 39 of 109 (1,264 Views)

BRING BACK THE SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION!

★★★ Newbie

The Sims 2 was in my opinion the best Sims game EA ever released.

I would love to see a remaster of the game or even just see the ultimate collection become available on origin again. The only way I can seem to get a copy is if I illegally download it or buy a Mac and then buy it from the app store. 

One of my favourite things about the Sims 2 was the story telling, there were some really awesome stories that the developers came up with to make the game interesting. It also meant that you could play the game over and over again using alternating the way those stories developed.

The Sims 4 is a decent game but I feel it just doesn't have those same vibes.

Re releasing the sims 2 Ultimate Collection would be a good chance to market EA Play by making it free for EA Play Members. TBH I'd pay $50 AUD for it without blinking anyway.

Get on that remaster bandwagon and give your valued fans a nostalgia hit! 

Other games to think about would be the old school PS2/ Xbox ones like Bust'n out and Urbz, these were the bomb.

I hope EA takes the time not only to read this but really consider it Standard smile

Message 40 of 109 (3,503 Views)