how is it when i install the sims 2 origin blocks me from installing,last 2 ?

by Supriti

Original Post

how is it when i install the sims 2 origin blocks me from installing,last 2 ?

★★★ Novice

How can origin block me from installing freetime and apartment life from the sims 2 ?

Message 1 of 9 (888 Views)

Re: how is it when i install the sims 2 origin blocks me from installing,last 2

Champion

@Supriti , are you trying to install Sims 2 Ultimate Collection? Or did you have all the previous Sims 2 EPs/SPs registered and on Origin before October 2018? Please give us more details so we can help you.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (855 Views)

★★★ Novice

no I never installed the sims 2 on origin thats just it, all original cd's but when I got to freetime origin blocked.

Message 3 of 9 (845 Views)

★★★ Novice

once upon a time, I registered on EA, that page is now gone.

Message 4 of 9 (844 Views)

Champion

@Supriti , so are you trying to register on Origin or are you running Origin at the same time you are trying to install the game?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 9 (834 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm sorry only lets me type so much,sims 1 gamer, 2,3, and 4, I just wanted to revisit 2 , should'nt block me they are my games. They were registered via EA. Before origin

Message 6 of 9 (833 Views)

★★★ Novice

Origin was not even running it has nothing to do with my sims 2, I seen them in a tote and thought wow , started installing and got to freetime, them had apartment life left, i get a pop up sayingblocked.

Message 7 of 9 (831 Views)

★★★ Novice

OK I sm not trying to register again, that site is gone, not trying to add to origin, dont think you can, in 2 you have to use the last disk you install to play I; just want to install and re-visit my old game.

Message 8 of 9 (824 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Supriti Since you've mentioned specifically FreeTime and Apartment Life, I believe I know which error you're getting. Does it say that an app has been blocked for your protection?

Digital signatures for those packs (and other packs released in 2008 as well) have expired so they will get blocked if you try to install them. This also includes the patches. 

To bypass this error, please follow these steps:

1. Open an elevated Command Prompt or Powershell. To do this, press the Windows key X, and select Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows Powershell (Admin), whichever shows up in the menu. Either is fine, just remember which one it is.
  2. When it opens, it should say this: C:\WINDOWS\system32>. Type in the drive letter (the one your disk is in) with a colon to switch to it, then press Enter, e.g. D: or E:, etc. then Enter.
  3. The location should switch from C:\Windows\system32 to the drive you entered. If you are doing this in Command Prompt, type in Autorun.exe and press Enter. If it is in Powershell, type in .\Autorun.exe and press Enter. The installer should open without throwing an error.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 9 (787 Views)