Re: how do you install the sims 2 from a disc on pc windows 10?

by melker_sims

Original Post

how do you install the sims 2 from a disc on pc windows 10?

★★★ Newbie

hi, I recently just bought the game the sims 2 for my PC. but I put the game disc in the computer and it won't let me play. Is there something I need to download before I start playing the game or can I not play the game at all because the game is old and the computer has windows 10?

Message 1 of 8 (8,211 Views)

Hi @krea8tiveness14,

The Sims 2 discs use a security feature called SecuROM, which is no compatible with Windows 10. If you want to play The Sims 2 in Windows 10, you need the Origin version. You might be able to get it if you contact with an EA Advisor, providing your The Sims 2 serial code they might add The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to your account Standard smile

Click here to contact an EA Advisor.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 8 (8,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks.now i know where to look

Message 3 of 8 (7,943 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I contacted an EA Advisor but he said that The Sims 2 has "retired" on Origin

Message 4 of 8 (4,640 Views)

Champion

@melker_sims Unfortunately that is true. Sims 2 was retired from Origin October 2018. If you have your original disks you and a disk drive you can install and play the game. Please start a new thread and give us as details as to what exactly you have done to install the game and what is happening. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 8 (4,630 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@melker_sims   There is a thread made on The Official Sims Forum to petition to have Sims 1 & 2 on Origin:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/988994/petition-to-have-sims-1-2-on-origin

Message 6 of 8 (4,625 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you sort this there was a thread that i read you needed to overwrite some of the files i need to find it and save but it is possible 

Message 7 of 8 (3,944 Views)

Hero
@Vcmpira As far as I am aware of, there is no need to overwrite anything during the initial Sims 2 installation.

You do, however, need an additional program found on Mod the Sims which helps with patching base game, University and Nightlife on Windows 10 (and possibly 11), but that's about it as far as installation is concerned.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 8 (3,942 Views)