fail to launch the sims 2 since today!!!

by AbC5595a3631899

Original Post

fail to launch the sims 2 since today!!!

★★★ Novice

been on windows 10 since april 2017 had to get the sims 2 from origin since the none of the CDs worked, so all is find and I play each day but today, it just won't launch, been restarting my pc many times clicking the button I have to launch it still nothing works, even tried to launch it through origin (which used to work) but still nothing, what's wrong and how can it be fixed. I love this  game and would like to play asap, just paid for objects on objects sites and so on... please help!

if anything my email is [edit: email address removed]

Message 1 of 4 (509 Views)

Re: fail to launch the sims 2 since today!!!

EA app Team

Hi @AbC5595a3631899,

Sorry for the late reply, are you still having issues to launch your game?

If I understood right, you have been playing The Sims 2 Ultimate collection in your computer since April and suddenly it started to give you issues, is that correct? Do you remember having made any changes to your computer, like installing a program or updating your Windows lately?

Welcome to Answers HQ! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (473 Views)

★★★ Novice

well windows 10 has automatic updates and it never was an issue before, but on tha night (last tuesday night) after I played it updated,  the next it wouldn't launch. I could see the arrow and the blue circle that is now what used to be the hourglass. but then it stops and the game never launches. I contacted EA help and for 4 days they tried helping me making me do so many things but nothing worked. I  also tried launching it directly from Origin or directly from the program in C/program files (86)/origine Games/ the sims 2.... etc tot Fun with Pets and in there there was the launch icone but didn't launch anymore.
So they had me:
1-reboot

2-update security in Origin account

3-restauration of the pc to a date prior to that tuesday

4- uninstall and reinstall the program

5-create a new account on my pc to play from

6-they made me follow many other things and send them a copy of DxDiag and System info

7-restauration to a date farther than the first one

8-uninstall and reinstall again

then sent me to the EA HQ where there was nothing about this problem

so fare... non of it worked. So I got pissed, tried to reinstall the CD versions I used to have but didn't install on WINDOWS 10 (that's when I first contacted EA in april and they gave me Ultimate collection from origin. Then it worked well since april till last tuesday...
Now that's where I am at, and the CD version doesn't work well even with the patch I found to install without updates. (Which was the problem in the first place)
but now the neighbourhood are all flashing pink and black with the CD version... grrrr

So that's about where I am.

Message 3 of 4 (466 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @AbC5595a3631899,

Sorry for the wait. I see you have tried several things already, but it's good you didn't give up! Standard smile

Let's try to make sure it's not something related to changes on the security settings after Window's update. Please, make sure your antivirus or firewall are not avoiding the game from opening. To do so, you can temporarily disable them. If the game runs while they are disabled, then add Origin and the game to your antivirus/firewall exceptions.

Once you have tried, please, make sure to enable both again, they are important!

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (421 Views)