credit for old

by gypsyagent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

credit for old

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I can't find where a person can make a suggestion so if someone knows the link or the email, please let me know so I can request this suggestion closed.

When Sims 4 came out, there came along a special so I could get the base game at a very low price. So I thought I'd give it a try. I do like it. But I spent hundreds on Sims 3, and I have a strict gaming budget - sometimes not even a budget depending on the month. Because I prefer more important things take precedents (like rent, electricity, Internet, dog food, etc.) I just cannot justify forking over hundreds of dollars again for a game just like the one I already own all the parts to. The graphics are nicer, yes. There are some nice, new play options, yes. Sims 4 does run smoother and faster, I agree. However, fundamentally, Sims 3 and 4 are the same game, just with different coats of paint.

So I thought to myself, "Self, wouldn't it be nice if I could get some sort of credit on all the Sims 3 digital add-ons and packs toward all the Sims 4 digital add-ons and packs. And once the credit is redeemed, the Sims 3 digital content would be voided and unplayable." This is just the digital content, not the discs; that'd defeat the purpose here.

Or... OR, here's another idea. Everything I buy on my console and my PC be applied to both. So if I buy, say, Jungle Adventure, it shows up on both. And with that idea, I strongly would encourage EA to limit that to 2 or 3 devices. This has become a normal expectation and while some may complain, it comes down to keeping the books out of the red.

That's my thought. EA, it would be a nice thing to have happen sooner than later.

Message 1 of 2 (317 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: credit for old

Community Manager (retired)

Welcome @gypsyagent

I see that I'm talking to a great fan of The Sims series here Standard smile

With so many bigger and smaller expansions being released for each The Sims instalment, I agree that it is indeed quite expensive to collect them all Frown It would be great if, for example, TS3 DLCs were compatible with TS4 or there was some kind of credits program for players, like you suggested.

Unfortunately, the first option is quite impossible to provide due to technological restrictions. We cannot share content purchased on one platform, for example PC, on other devices like PlayStation or Xbox as well. Different platforms always mean two different products - even if we're talking about the same game or DLC.

At the moment we also don't plan to introduce any additional currency that could be used across all The Sims expansions, but thank you for sharing your idea with us Standard smile

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (284 Views)

All Replies

Re: credit for old

Community Manager (retired)

Welcome @gypsyagent

I see that I'm talking to a great fan of The Sims series here Standard smile

With so many bigger and smaller expansions being released for each The Sims instalment, I agree that it is indeed quite expensive to collect them all Frown It would be great if, for example, TS3 DLCs were compatible with TS4 or there was some kind of credits program for players, like you suggested.

Unfortunately, the first option is quite impossible to provide due to technological restrictions. We cannot share content purchased on one platform, for example PC, on other devices like PlayStation or Xbox as well. Different platforms always mean two different products - even if we're talking about the same game or DLC.

At the moment we also don't plan to introduce any additional currency that could be used across all The Sims expansions, but thank you for sharing your idea with us Standard smile

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 2 (285 Views)