Re: Would you like another give away from EA in the form of the Sims 2 UC starri

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Re: Would you like another give away from EA in the form of the Sims 2 UC starri

Champion

@Patrycyjka264 , EA may not answer you immediately. I just want you to be aware of the possibility that it may not be tomorrow or even in a week or two or even in a month or so. Darko is very busy with not only The Sims Community as a whole, but other EA games as well and doesn't always have the time to respond back even if tagged. This is true of many of the EA Community Managers.

Be assured he has passed on your request as well as the requests of other Sims fans. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 21 (612 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Patrycyjka264, there is no further information that I can share with you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 12 of 21 (595 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260 where did I mention he has to answer me right away? Everyone is busy at work, even me, so I don't understand why you draw these conclusions from it. It has simply been said for 3 years that EA consultants will pass on information about TS2 and their willingness to return to the rest of the team, but somehow nothing has happened to it for these 3 years. Everything is understandable, there are other games and other productions of this company, but we are not asking for much, a monthly TS2 event would be enough and everyone would be happy.
Message 13 of 21 (579 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Patrycyjka264  I clicked Me Too on your original post, I have heard so many nice things about The Sims 2, and would really like to play it. The humour seems more grown up than the current iteration, albeit that is a pretty game and excellent for building. 

There is a thread made on The Official Sims Forum to petition to have Sims 1 & 2 on Origin that I post everywhere, hoping it will get momentum:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/988994/petition-to-have-sims-1-2-on-origin

Message 14 of 21 (567 Views)

Champion

@Patrycyjka264 , as I have said EA has chosen to pursue other projects. The Sims 2 isn't one of these unfortunately. Even if EA were secretly working on a re-master of the game, due to Non Disclosure Agreements they (EA Staff) cannot publicly talk about it. 

I'm trying to set realistic expectations for you in that Sims 2 isn't a top priority for EA. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the game, but as you have said for three or more years there has been no official word on a re-master or re-release of the game. 

Since the game has been retired, that means there is no longer any formal support or updates/patches for the game. This would also include monthly events or challenges. If you wish sponsor monthly Sims 2 events or challenges, feel free to do so. As this forum is mainly for technical support and helping people with problems getting the game to run or start, I believe you would find a wider audience at the Official Sims Forums under the Legacy Title section. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-2-general-discussion This forum doesn't see a lot of traffic daily and if you have some good ideas, it would be a same to waste them on one or two people when lots of Sims 2 players post regularly on the Official Forums. 

Message 15 of 21 (558 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Tremayne4260
writing my post on the support site was a proposition from a consultant.

Yes, I know there are forums like this.

Nobody is talking about the monthly event here. I made a proposal to turn the Sims 2 ONCE FOR ONE MONTH even. Then the fans had time to enjoy and download Sims 2.

Yes, we know that EA is working on other games and on creating new ones. We also understand that "basement talks" about returning must not come to light either.
Message 16 of 21 (540 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you for your help @DonroaAkashu! Thanks to people like you, EA sees our requests. Keep it up!
Message 17 of 21 (539 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 It may not be a quick response from EA, but I know EA is into money. For those players who did not take advantage of the limited time code promotion or were not playing yet, why would you NOT add it to your subscription service EA Play? I think you would find several Sims players might sign up just for the chance to play Sims Complete Collection and Sims 2 Ultimate. Or if you really want to call both abandonware, why not support the efforts of outside services like GOG (good old games) or various abandonware sites to pick it up and dust it off? GOG has been known to support development and modernization of old games, it is their niche.
Message 18 of 21 (294 Views)

Champion

@userafw , it has been suggested to EA to license Sims 2 to GOG, but again the powers that be have not responded one way or the other.  

Message 19 of 21 (281 Views)

Hero
@userafw GOG would be a very good source for TS2, especially since they already distribute older SimCity games. But so far, there have been no announcements for that so we are still stuck.
The Sims 1 and 2 wishlists on GOG are pretty popular, but unless EA decides to license it, we cannot do anything.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 20 of 21 (253 Views)