Would EA consider redoing the promo for sims 2 ultimate collection again?

by Simply_Kit_1996

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Would EA consider redoing the promo for sims 2 ultimate collection again?

★★★ Novice

Would Ea consider redoing the sims 2 ultimate collection promo again for a limited time for those who missed out and didn't have a proper opportunity to download the game or consider a sale of the sims 2 ultimate colllection for those who really want it?

Alot of people loved sims 2 and the nostalgia towards the game it would be pretty disappointing to those who didn't get a chance and for them the game is lost forever.

Message 1 of 5 (696 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Would EA consider redoing the promo for sims 2 ultimate collection again?

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @Simply_Kit_1996,

What @Tremayne4260 said is correct, we've ended support for The Sims 2.

We've already got a main topic about this subject and our statement about ending support for The Sims 2 can be found in the accepted solution.

As there already is a main topic about this subject, I am locking this one.

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (589 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Simply_Kit_1996 , EA has no plans to remaster, re-release or sell Sims 2 in digital form. The promotion ended in October 2018 and EA chose at that time to allocate time, money and resources to other projects. EA is very aware of the support and want of the Sim Community to re-release the game. There have been hundreds of thousands of posts not only in this section of AHQ, but on the Official Sims Forums as well. Comments from not only yourself, but others have been forwarded. 

The game is still available to purchase in disk form from Amazon, E-Bay, game stores that sell used copies of games and Goodwill/Salvation Army/thrift stores. While it requires an external disk drive, the game does still run on Windows 10 with a little help. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (661 Views)

★★★ Novice

i dont get why they cant just put it on the origin store and have in bold that the game is a download at own risk as theres no support for it, if they dont want to allocate resources to it as thats actually a solution to all the bombardments they get over not re releasing it

Message 3 of 5 (619 Views)

Champion

@Simply_Kit_1996 , EA gave the game away free for 4 years from 2014 to October 2018. Again, it is their decision and I do not have answers beyond what I have already told you. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (597 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @Simply_Kit_1996,

What @Tremayne4260 said is correct, we've ended support for The Sims 2.

We've already got a main topic about this subject and our statement about ending support for The Sims 2 can be found in the accepted solution.

As there already is a main topic about this subject, I am locking this one.

Jason.png
Message 5 of 5 (590 Views)