Will this PC Run The Sims 2

by planettv

Original Post

Will this PC Run The Sims 2

★★★★ Novice

I am in the process saving up for a new graphics card for the PC I'm typing this on, so I figured I would make a post here, and see if another PC I have will play The Sims 2. I know it will graphics card wise because it's yeses for TS3 up to the EP Generations and the SP Town Life. For The Sims 4 it's yeses up Vampires. Based off that information, I'm assuming it's all yeses for The Sims 2. Here is the PC information:

1. The Power supply wattage is 850w and it's a Corsair TX850W ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply.

2. Motherboard: Intel DX79TO LGA2011 Desktop Motherboard - Intel X79 Chip Set

3. CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K Processor (12M Cache, 3.20 GHZ) LGA 2011 / CPU Cooler: Intel BXRTS2011LC High Performance Liquid Cooler LGA2011, LGA1155

4. The PC case is this: Cooler Master HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Mid-tower - 10 Bays

5. Graphics Card: Asus ENGTX550 Ti DC/DI/1GD5 Geforce GTX 550 TI 910 MHz 1 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0

6. Hardrive is a Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALX 1 TB

I want to be able to put The Sims 2 on this PC if I can and if I can't then I can't. I was thinking of putting The Sims 4 base game on here too, but I have decide not to. As for The Sims 3, I had no plans to put it on this PC and like The Sims 4, I will have to wait until I have gotten the Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon™ RX 6600 8GB GDDR6 I'm saving up for.

Message 1 of 3 (742 Views)

Re: Will this PC Run The Sims 2

Hero
@planettv This is more than enough for The Sims 2.

You might, however, need to run Graphics Rules Maker to apply some compatibility tweaks before you play. It’s necessary on any modern PC.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (706 Views)

Re: Will this PC Run The Sims 2

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for reply. I knew I would have to add the graphics card to list and make sure Body Shop is not blurry. The PC with NVIDIA card is one that was my Dad's and he only used it for chess. I know the specs because I have the receipt and it has the specs for that PC as well as my PC. My Dad did have another PC he used for chess, but my Mom took that one for a back-up PC and the card in that one is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 TI. Since NVIDIA is still supporting Windows 7, I'm thinking about updating the Geforce GTX 550 TI to a newer card at some point, once I've got new one in mine. Would it be a good idea for me to replace the thermal paste in the PC because the PC is one my Dad only managed to use for about 3 years before his death, and since then, it has not been used much?

Message 3 of 3 (678 Views)