When is The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection coming back to the Origin Store

by BWalden4250

Original Post

When is The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection coming back to the Origin Store

★★★★★ Newbie

To my knowledge, EA was giving out codes for the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection starting in 2014 and ending sometime in 2018. I never even knew about this and by the time I found out about this it was a year too late. 

I've tried contacting EA Help only to be told that they are given a "limited framework" so they cannot put the game back up. I'm not sure who to contact or where to contact the people at the sims to try get the game. 

When is it coming back and why was it taken down in the first place.

Can anyone help whether you're a fellow gamer or someone who works at the Sims Studio 

Message 1 of 2 (367 Views)

Re: When is The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection coming back to the Origin Store

Champion

@BWalden4250 , here is the link to the official announcement from EA about the limited give away ending. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/Ending-code-support-for-The-Sims-2-Ultimate-Collectio...

To my knowledge, it is not coming back in the near future and EA is very aware of the response from hundreds of thousands of Sim Gamers like yourself who want a digital copy of the game.There are hundreds of threads like yours here in AHQ and on the Official Sims Forums asking this very same question. I am supposing that EA and Maxis (Sims Studios) have made the decision to spend their time, money and manpower working on the current version of Sims 4. If you have your CD/DVD copies of the game, it is still playable on Windows 10 and external disk drives aren't that expensive these days.

Most game companies don't continue to support 10 to 15 year old games and we were lucky that EA/Maxis did continue to support the game up until October 2018. 

I'm sorry I can't give you any more additional information other than what I've posted here and in dozens of similar threads like this one. If you'd like to get Sims 2 running again on your computer, I'll be more than happy to help you.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (342 Views)