What's going on with thesims.com forums?

by graceymanors

Original Post

What's going on with thesims.com forums?

★★★ Guide

Every time I try to visit it, I get a message about being a deceptive site and a phishing attempt? I see no acknowledgement of the issue anywhere.

Message 2 of 26 (1,545 Views)

Chrome blocking Sims forum as "Dangerous Site"

★★ Guide

Just started this morning. Haven't made any changes to browser. No issue with Edge.

Message 1 of 26 (1,577 Views)

Re: Chrome blocking Sims forum as "Dangerous Site"

★ Guide

@Wndblwz wrote:

Just started this morning. Haven't made any changes to browser. No issue with Edge.

Same here, I don't know why the Sims Forums has been considered as a "dangerous" site by Chrome, strangely emails about comments and what goes on the Sims Forums is moved to my spam bin and when clicking onto it, it gives the following. 

This message seems dangerous
It contains a suspicious link that was used to steal people's personal information. Avoid clicking links or replying with personal information.

I don't know if this issue is related to what's going on now with the Sims Forums, but both really need fixing as soon as possible.

Message 3 of 26 (1,561 Views)

@Wndblwz and @HazeMan1990  This was reported as a problem earlier today, but it was apparently fixed around an hour ago.  I just tried the site in Chrome, both in a normal and an incognito window, and didn't have any trouble.  So if you're still having this issue, try clearing Chrome's cache.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 26 (1,553 Views)

The Sims official forums acting very strangely

★★★★ Novice

I have seen no answers from EA as to what on Earth is happening to the official Sims forums, so I figured I'd post about it here.

Firstly, I saw people talking about getting a deceptive site warning when trying to access the site on Google Chrome. I fired up Google to test and you can see in one of the images attached that this is, indeed, happening.

Secondly, I tried to access the site using Firefox thinking perhaps this was a false positive. Well, Firefox and premium Malwarebytes don't seem worried about the site from a deceptive/phishing point of view, but I see something very wrong with the site. That is, it isn't displaying correctly in Firefox no matter what I do. I have cleared cookies and cache data, which usually fixes a problem like this. I've checked to see if Firefox was up-to-date and it is. So I'm at a loss here. I've included images for both problems.

Message 5 of 26 (1,539 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Cool, will clear my cache to see if that works, just curious though can adblock plus or avira browser safety give false danger warnings?

Message 6 of 26 (1,542 Views)

Why is the official forum considered dangerous by my browser?

★★★★ Guide

Hi, today I recently discovered that my Chrome browser has labeled the official Sims forum site as dangerous and has locked me out of it for my own security:

I had recently visited the forum earlier in the day and it was working fine, but then I revisited it again only 30 mins after my last visit and this popped up instead. It has been going on like this ever since the whole day and I read the details on why it was blocked off and it says that my browser has detected phishing scams on the forum. It also appears that a few others have also gotten this error as well when trying to visit. I'd like to know if the forum is ok? Has it been hacked? Will my account info be safe? Is EA aware of this?

Message 7 of 26 (1,615 Views)

Re: Why is the official forum considered dangerous by my browser?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue. I've tried to visit the forums three or four times now and continue to get the dangerous site error/screen. The browser I'm using is Google Chrome. Is it safe to visit the forums? And why is this happening?

Message 8 of 26 (1,599 Views)

Re: Why is the official forum considered dangerous by my browser?

★★★ Guide

was curious and my google chrome does the same thing... why are the Ea sims 4 forums considered... "Deceptive"? 

Message 9 of 26 (1,597 Views)

[ Edited ]

@HazeMan1990  I'm sure it can.  But I don't think that's the problem here—it seems like Chrome itself is blocking the site.  After checking the forums earlier today (when I replied to you), I went back to look about an hour ago, and I loaded maybe half a dozen pages before I got the warning again.  Clearing cache didn't help, nor did switching between normal and incognito windows.  The site looks seriously wrong on Firefox as well, although it does load.  (Safari seems to have no objection.)

I've reported it (as have others) and sent along this thread to the pile of information too.  Feel free to add any more details here if you'd like.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 26 (1,533 Views)