Re: Sims forum dont work well

by kreatora

Original Post

Re: Why is the official forum considered dangerous by my browser?

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue as well, even though I have been able to access the forums just fine the previous day.

My guess would be that it's an issue on Google's end? As I can access the forums through the Edge browser, so I'm just using that while I wait for a fix for Chrome.

Message 11 of 26 (898 Views)

Sims 4 Forum Marked As Dangerous

Just wanted to let you know that the Sims forum is being marked as dangerous in Chrome. Something about a phishing attack? No idea what's going on, or who needs to fix what, but the natives are getting restless!

Message 12 of 26 (889 Views)

Re: Why is the official forum considered dangerous by my browser?

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports! Please, rest assured that visiting https://forums.thesims.com is safe - we are currently looking into what's causing this warning to show on Chrome browsers and Firefox not showing the page properly.

If you have another browser installed, like Microsoft Edge, Opera or Safari, you should be able to access the forums as usual Standard smile

-Mai

PS. Merged a couple threads together.

Message 13 of 26 (863 Views)

Re: What's going on with thesims.com forums?

@wildirishbanshee   I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  It's definitely being investigated.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 26 (849 Views)

"Deceptive site ahead"

★★★ Novice

So the forums.thesims.com has been working fine for me for a good few years. The other day, I attempted to visit the site and was met with "Deceptive site ahead".

Is anyone else facing this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Message 15 of 26 (784 Views)

Sims forum dont work well

★★★★ Apprentice

When I go to https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/ the forum apear quite bad formmated, as when you have a really bad connection and only load quite few of the page

Message 16 of 26 (798 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims forum dont work well

Hero (Retired)
@leo3487

Use this link and delete (edit) in your post above yours link
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories
You will have Google information that on the Sims forum are people who provide links to malicious pages. However, you have options after clicking "details" on this info to enter the normal forum page if you are aware of this risk.

I don't work for EA
Message 17 of 26 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]

@leo3487 and @ScorpiOpal18  I've merged your posts into the master thread for this issue.  It's a known problem, but the site is safe.  Until this is resolved, you can use Safari or Microsoft Edge, both of which seem to display the site correctly.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 26 (776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Being 04/12/19 at 3:00 (GMT -3) seem than with Chrome the site can be viewed as usual, only having the problem with Firefox

Message 19 of 26 (739 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just checked and I am still getting a deceptive site warning on Chrome and the formatting issue on Firefox. So, nope, the Chrome site cannot be viewed as usual. Though I will note that it seems to sometimes load on normally, just that most of the time it is blocked by Chrome.

Message 20 of 26 (723 Views)