Re: The sims castaway stories windows 10

by jpst23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims castaway stories windows 10

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I just bought Sims Castaway Stories from eBay and I can get the disk to say it installed the game, but it does not appear on my desktop or in my start menu. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice.  Is there something I have to do or download to get the disk to play on Windows 10? 

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 39 (32,158 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @aquaeyes2030,

Unfortunately, some old games may have some issues to run on Windows 10. I would suggest trying to install and run the game in compatibility mode with Windows XP.

Locate the exe file that starts the installation in the CD, right click on it and select Properties. A new window will open where you need to go to Compatibility tab, and there select 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP'.

If you are not sure which file you should do this with, a screenshot of the contents of the CD would be helpful for us to be able to help you find it Wink

Thanks!

-Mai

View in thread

Message 2 of 39 (34,087 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @aquaeyes2030,

Unfortunately, some old games may have some issues to run on Windows 10. I would suggest trying to install and run the game in compatibility mode with Windows XP.

Locate the exe file that starts the installation in the CD, right click on it and select Properties. A new window will open where you need to go to Compatibility tab, and there select 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP'.

If you are not sure which file you should do this with, a screenshot of the contents of the CD would be helpful for us to be able to help you find it Wink

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 2 of 39 (34,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am having a similar issue. Can't get it to run. changing the Autorun.exe option to compatibility mode XP SP3. No luck.

Do you know if there are any other option I would need to change as well.

Thanks

Message 3 of 39 (31,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

not working for me either. downloaded it and i don't have a shortcut on my desktop or start menu.

i see it in my computer in the programs list, but when i click on it it opens autorun, i click "continue" and then nothing happens. i hear the disk whir or whatever for a sec, then nothing.

i don't understand where i'm supposed to go to change the exe file?

Message 4 of 39 (31,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hey I know this is an old thread but what I did was locate the file then go to TSbin there I ran the game as administrator then I raised the game's priority from the task manager. I just had to wait about 2-3 minutes before it popped open.
Message 5 of 39 (28,640 Views)

★ Novice

This seems to have worked for me. Thank you for the suggestion. I am attempting to finally play again right now! it has been yearrrrs! THanks so much

Message 6 of 39 (27,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai this isn't working for me helppppp
Message 7 of 39 (25,563 Views)

Champion

@kaylapopowski , did you try what Hollenina suggested? Just asking so we can see if there is another solution for you.

Please post back here to keep me updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 39 (25,432 Views)

★★★ Novice

omg this worked thank you <3

Message 9 of 39 (22,408 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mai that did not work
Message 10 of 39 (20,310 Views)