by iUesugiTatsuya

Original Post

Re: The sims 2 launcher has stop stopped working

★★★ Newbie

Are they not gonna try to fix it?

Message 21 of 67 (4,069 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem so I called tech support. They have ridden themselves of the server. Since people are slowly moving to The Sims 3, they don't need the server for 2.

Message 22 of 67 (3,997 Views)

★ Novice

There is no fixing it. You will no longer be able to play it.

Message 23 of 67 (3,997 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried turning off my network connection and it seems to work fine but then it says to insure the verification of the owner the internet must be on. When i went back to turn on my internet the same problem occured again. HELP!

Message 24 of 67 (3,982 Views)

★ Novice

I'm not sure what to tell you. All mine is downloaded into my computer. It doesn't ask me to verify anything.

Message 25 of 67 (3,977 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What? "Nobody plays Sims 2 anymore?" LOL what a joke. EA and Maxis... Sims 2 was the greatest Sims game you guys ever created. You could have done a lot more with the Sims 2. The Sims 3 is boring and so vanilla. There are so many bugs and the humor is gone. Lame. I am one of the biggest Sims fans out there. I have every single game... even My Sims if anyone remembers. Shame on you. I won't be buying the Sims 4. I was but until I read these comments.

Message 26 of 67 (3,973 Views)

★★ Novice
I had the same as that, but I was putting them on a laptop and the internet on off button was on the casing, so once I clicked launch I then immediately enabled the internet because I had to log onto the sims website, It worked fine that way for me. I think if you right click the sims game icon on your desktop you can choose for the game to not be run full screen. That way you should be then able to turn off your internet, launch the game and then turn the internet back on quickly enough to verify it. Hope that helps.
Message 27 of 67 (3,968 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I used another person's method I turned off the wifi and it worked!! (YOU PEOPLE ARE SAINTS)

Message 28 of 67 (3,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

:womanhappy:I used another person's method I turned off the wifi and it worked!! (YOU PEOPLE ARE SAINTS)

Message 29 of 67 (3,954 Views)

★★★★ Novice

for users having issues with sims 2 launcher there is two methods i can share with you, first one is to launch game from the shortcut as usual, as soon as the launcher pops up hit the play button, the second way is to locate your base sims2.exe located in the base folder of your sims 2 installation launch the game directly from that and it will bypass the launcher.

Hope this helps

Message 30 of 67 (3,868 Views)