Re: The sims 2 launcher has stop stopped working

by Thehunters97

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Thanks this one worked for me, the whole click play before the launcher loads, well it did the once and I just hope it does again

Message 31 of 67 (7,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My grandson cried for 30 minutes when we found out that e a games does not support sims 2 anymore and that he would not be able to play his family that he had worked on for the last year.I have spent a lot of money on the sims 2 and we still have all of the disk,but we cannot play them.They should put a notice on the package that you may be paying for a temporary game.

Message 32 of 67 (7,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The best way to work around it is to simply get rid of the launcher.

The way you do this is go to your Computer...OS (C Drive)...Program Files (86x)...EA GAMES...The Sims 2(Your Latest Expansion/Stuff Pack)...TSBin...

And then you will find a file called "Sims2EP" with the number on the end! (Each number shown below)
Right click and press create shortcut, and it should place it on your desktop.
Double click and you'll be in the game, without any launcher holding you back!

I do hope this helped, and hope it isn't to confusing! Enjoy your Sims 2!

Also if you don't know what your latest Expansion is, Here is a list from Oldest to Newest

• The Sims 2 University (Sims2EP1)
  • The Sims 2 Nightlife (Sims2EP2)
  • The Sims 2 Open for Business (Sims2EP3)
  • The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff (Sims2SP1)
  • The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff (Sims2SP2)
  • The Sims 2 Pets (Sims2EP4)
  • The Sims 2 Seasons (Sims2EP5)
  • The Sims 2 Celebration Stuff (Sims2SP4)
  • The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff (Sims2SP5)
  • The Sims 2 Bon Voyage (Sims2EP6)
  • The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff (Sims2SP6)
  • The Sims 2 Free Time (Sims2EP7)
  • The Sims 2 Kitchen and Bath Interior Design Stuff (Sims2SP7)
  • The SIms 2 Ikea Home Stuff (Sims2SP8)
  • The Sims 2 Apartment Life (Sims2EP8)
  • The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff (Sims2EP9)
Message 33 of 67 (7,572 Views)

Re: The sims 2 launcher has stop stopped working forApartment Life 2

★★★ Novice

@kjinlady1059 wrote:

Mine just started doing this as well and I can't download any Sims 2 games from the CD's that I own. EA was not able to resolve my problem either. They've obviously changed something and need to fix this. 

@kjinlady1059 wrote:

Mine just started doing this as well and I can't download any Sims 2 games from the CD's that I own. EA was not able to resolve my problem either. They've obviously changed something and need to fix this. 

Message 34 of 67 (7,548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Offensive Comments Removed - Admin.]

Message 35 of 67 (7,539 Views)

★ Novice

Try this if you use Windows 8 or 8.1.

Go to the bottem of your task bar click on the internet connition button. Now on the side a box will show what conncetions are avalbale to use. Look for the WI-FI on/off button and switch it off. once game has started press windows key back on to desktop/start screen and switch WI-FI back on.

Message 36 of 67 (7,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

there are two ways you can get around it the first being disconnecting from the internet. The second being you create a desktop shortcut left click once move your mouse cursor to the center press enter then quickly click on play.

Message 37 of 67 (7,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know if this is any help, but I've had the same problem for a while. I manage to start the game by click the play button before the error message comes up. So by clicking the play button as soon as it pops up works för me. I don't know if it works for others but you could try. 

Message 38 of 67 (7,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have to say your idea was brilliant! It worked for me and I hope it will for the rest of players dealing this issue. Until we find a way to fix the launcher this will do! I owe you thanks Standard smile

(sims2forever)

Message 39 of 67 (7,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Rhonda728 wrote:

While not a fix, I did find a workaround.  The accessing the internet in the launcher is causing the problem.  I disabled my network connection and ran the Launcher, no issue, the game started fine.  Then I enabled my network connection, have the internet again and the game still runs.  A pain when I want to play the game, but I can deal with it.  I've been playing Sims 2 for years and don't like the newer versions at all.

i'll try that, thanks. because mine won't work either. and i totally agree with you there, sims 2 forever. anything newer than that was just too different for me /:

Message 40 of 67 (7,239 Views)