Re: The Sims Medieval will not get past Installation verification failure

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

The Sims Medieval will not get past Installation verification failure

★★★★★ Newbie

I've reinstalled 3-4 times and run repair on each iteration. It runs fine, but after the loading screen it hits a Installation Verification Failure which closes the game. What do I do? Is medieval broken ware now?

Message 1 of 7 (1,999 Views)

Champion

@Trysin7 , please tell us which OS are you running. Mac OS or Windows 10 or 11? If you are running on a Mac and are running Catalina or higher, I'm afraid the game will not work as it is a 32 bit game. If you are on a newer laptop with the M1 chips, it will not run either. If you can revert to Mojave, you should be able to install the game.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (1,960 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

WIndows 10 Home 64bit

Message 3 of 7 (1,943 Views)

Champion

@Trysin7 , are you installing the game through Origin?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 7 (1,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Since the game managed to launch on Windows 10, and a repair was mentioned, I assume it is an Origin installation, as disk versions do not work on Windows 10.

After searching for Installation Verification Failure reports, it seems that the issue also popped up because of incomplete (possibly incorrect) entitlements for players of The Sims 3 64-bit when it first came out. Those players fixed it by contacting live support and asking for entitlements for the game to be re-applied to their accounts.

Before going to live chat to ask them to re-add the entitlement for the game, I'd recommend clearing Origin cache and repairing the game once again.

https://help.ea.com/nz/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 7 (1,918 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Cleared the Cache and repaired again. If I remember correctly, it was a steam game of mine that had to get moved to origin and now to EA app.  Unfortunately it did not work so looks like I need to get my entitlements refreshed.

Message 6 of 7 (1,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I get through to the live chat? I can't find it.

Message 7 of 7 (1,429 Views)