The Sims Medieval problems on Windows 11

by LBonne24

Original Post

Re: The Sims Medieval problems on Windows 11

★ Novice

Unfortunately this did not work for me. And I am really unhappy about it. I actually had the sims medieval on disc but my new Win 11 laptop did not come with a disc drive. So I decided to by the digital version since it was not too costly.  And now it's just money for nothing.  Honestly @EA you should update your system to run a check on pc specs and advise if it is compatible or not.

Message 11 of 44 (2,610 Views)

Champion

@Cassugia , you have to remember that both Sims 3 and Sims Medieval are older games. This workaround only works for people with really new computers that have the newest generation CPU (I think it's 12?). 

If your computer is simply running Windows 11, but isn't the newest CPU, other workarounds to start the game work such as going back to playing on Origin.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 12 of 44 (2,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I uninstalled the game. Next I copied the entire disc to a folder I made. I removed the disc. Then installed the game from that folder I made.

I started the game from that same folder. The game then asked me to put the disc in. I put the disc in. And the game works, perfectly.  I too have a new computer,and I’ve been holding on to this game for years.

Message 13 of 44 (2,574 Views)

Champion

@Nohcal , wonderful! Glad you found this solution! It's another one we can offer to folks. All they need is an external disk drive which are not very expensive to buy these days.

Message 14 of 44 (2,556 Views)

★ Novice

@Tremayne4260 Yes. I have a new CPU as well. That is why I was extra disappointed that it did not work. I do not use origin but the EA launcher - I find it way better than origin.  However I have since contacted EA and received a full refund.

Message 15 of 44 (2,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Omg @ainaran thank you so much for this! I've been ripping my hair out trying to get my game to work and hadn't had any success. I followed your instructions and my game works perfectly! Sucks we have to go about it this way, but as long as I can actually play my game I'm happy lol. 

Message 16 of 44 (2,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was able to copy your code, but the game still does not launch -- I am unable to use Origin as EA has deleted that app. Is there anything I need to change in the code? Can't get the sims 3 or medieval to actually play. 

Message 17 of 44 (2,346 Views)

Champion

@wittlelamb , there is a video on YouTube that details how to get Sims 3 and Sims Medieval to run on Gen 12 processors and Windows 11. I cannot link it directly here, but a google search should show it.

Message 18 of 44 (2,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does this work with new EA app? I tried this following your directions but it didn't work for me. 

Message 19 of 44 (1,866 Views)

Champion

@coxcase5 , it should. I don't run on Windows so I still have Origin. 

Message 20 of 44 (1,862 Views)