The Sims Medieval not launching

by Kracken_Pants

Original Post

Re: The Sims Medieval not launching

★★ Novice

@Calachu Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for a millions times my wonderful wonderful savior. After more than twelve hours of pain and suffer I just cannot thank you enough. Wish you a best holiday ever. Much much thanks!!!

Message 11 of 36 (3,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Tele_AD_97 I see I'm not the only one who craved chaos on this nice Christmas day x) sadly I can't figure out how to run the code Frown Someone (@ ea or windows) pls fix this I haven't played the Sims Medieval in a year since I changed computers to a better one Frown Frown Happy holidays! if someone felt generous with their time and explain in simple words how to run the code to this smol bean I would really appreciate it  Standard smile Standard smile 

Message 12 of 36 (3,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@sakuraskeletonk  Hello there, my system language isn't English, so what I'm about to say may not be very accurate. But I'm gonna try my best :D

It's quite simple actually, I'd suggest you to search "how to run powershell code" if you find my explanation confusing.

You need to: 

1- Open Notepad, copy that code and paste it.

2- Save the file as .ps1 , repeat, suffix has to be ".ps1".

3- Before you run the game, right-click the .ps1 file, choose the second option "run with Powershell", you'd see a blue window saying "Launch Sims Medieval..."

4- Now you can start your game! Remember, you have to run the code everytime before playing.

The same applies to TS3, it also has a powershell code for Gen-12 CPU.

Enjoy your game and happy new year!!! :D

Message 13 of 36 (2,956 Views)

Champion

@Tele_AD_97  thank you so much! I think this will help at a lot of people.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 14 of 36 (2,937 Views)

★ Novice

Still did not work for me Frown  The powershell window is literally flashing open and close once - does not let me check if there is anything on it. And I am trying to open a case with EA and it is only letting me refer to already existing EA questions.  

Message 15 of 36 (2,785 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i'm in the same place as you Frown

Message 16 of 36 (2,688 Views)

Champion

@Cassugia and @sungirl128 , so you both tried the Powershell workaround and it isn't working for you? Do you have Sims 3 by chance and is that working?

Message 17 of 36 (2,676 Views)

★ Novice

No I do not have Sims 3. Used to have it but after installing Sims 4, I could no longer get used to the UI. What I really miss from that is the travel pack - the sims 4 never captured the essence of the adventure like sims 3.

Message 18 of 36 (2,665 Views)

Champion

@Cassugia , so you still have it in your Origin account? Or you totally deleted it. Powershell seems to the be the only way to get Sims 3 and Sims Medieval to run on Windows 11. I Googled "Powershell Sims Medieval" and a video on YouTube popped up that might help you as it will show you step by step what to do. I'm afraid I cannot link the video here, but you should be able to find it doing a google search.

Message 19 of 36 (2,652 Views)

★★ Novice

@Cassugia I've met this problem - after playing TS4, my TSM cannot get started. I've found no soluntion yet except reinstalling TSM, which is quite troublesome indeed... But it works.

Message 20 of 36 (2,624 Views)