The Sims Medieval Troubleshooting FAQ

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

The Sims Medieval Troubleshooting FAQ

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
    1. My game keeps crashing. How can I prevent that?
    2. I can't install the game because .NET 4 requires Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), but I'm on Service...
    3. The patch isn't installing for me.
    4. How can I help the dev team resolve my issues?
    5. I'm stuck in Kingdom Mode. Or, I'm stuck in Furnish Mode. How do I get back to Live Mode?
    6. I have another problem. Where can I find more information?
    7. I have problems installing.
    8. I'm getting CRC errors during installation.
    9. When I start The Sims Medieval, nothing happens. Or: I don't see The Sims Medieval window.
    10. I have a Gameplay question, or I'm stuck!
    11. How to register The Sims Medieval to Origin

1. My game keeps crashing. How can I prevent that?
    It likely has to do with your graphics card. Try turning down the graphics settings in the options menu. Also, make sure to turn reflections off. Note: You need at least 256K of VRAM to play. Anything less than that will cause problems.
    You can find more tips at the official customer support message boards, where EA technical help answers questions directly:
    2. I can't install the game because .NET 4 requires Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), but I'm on Service Pack 2 (SP2).
    .NET 4 requires Windows XP Service Pack 3 to be installed. You can update to Service Pack 3 for free. For more details:
    3. The patch isn't installing for me.
    For PC players, we recommend downloading the game through Origin rather than continuing to use the disk version, as the digital download does not require the patch.  For Mac players, both the disk and digital download versions require the patch. If you are having trouble updating your copy of The Sims Medieval on Mac to enjoy the Pirates and Nobles expansion, please see the additional instructions below.
    1. Download the appropriate patch from the links above.
    2. Once the file has downloaded, open the .tgz file to extract the patch application.
    3. Open the patch application. You may encounter a message that the application is from an unknown developer. If so, continue to step 4. If not, skip to step 9.
    4. Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
    5. Click the lock in the lower left corner to make changes.
    6. Under Allow apps downloaded from:, select Anywhere.
    7. When prompted to confirm, select Allow from Anywhere.
    8. Exit System Preferences and open the patch application again.
    9. Review and accept the patch terms.
    10. In the window that appears, open the Applications folder.
    11. Open The Sims Medieval folder, and select The Sims Medieval icon.
    12. Click Update in the lower right corner.
    We recommend that you revert your Security & Privacy settings after the patch has been applied.

4. How can I help the dev team resolve my issues?
    Just click Contact Us to reach one of our Game Advisors. You'll connect with an EA advisor who can examine your game files and work to find a solution.

5. I'm stuck in Kingdom Mode. Or, I'm stuck in Furnish Mode. How do I get back to Live Mode?
    You must be on a quest to re-enter the Live Mode. So take a quest!

6. I have another problem. Where can I find more information?
    Visit the official customer support message boards, where EA technical help answers questions directly:
    7. I have problems installing.
    Get advice and assistance from the experts in our community!
    8. I'm getting CRC errors during installation.
    You may have a faulty disk. Try exchanging at your place of purchase.

If you still have the same error after trying a new disk, your DVD drive may not fully support dual-layer DVD disks.

9. When I start The Sims Medieval, nothing happens. Or: I don't see The Sims Medieval window.
    When you start The Sims Medieval, it opens The Sims Medieval launcher. If you switch to another program while the launcher is loading, it may be hidden behind other windows on your desktop. The launcher has no task bar icon, so it's not always easy to find. You can click on the launcher in the system tray (clock area), minimize windows until you find the launcher window, or click Alt+Tab to switch windows until you find the launcher. In the launcher, click the round green "Play" button to launch The Sims Medieval.

10. I have a Gameplay question, or I'm stuck!
    You can find a lot of answers in the Lessons Book.  Go to the Options Menu (...) in the bottom left corner of the screen, and select Lessons.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 1 of 1 (24,615 Views)