[The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

by MiraPotter

Original Post

[The Sims Medieval] The Sims Medieval won't work on Windows 8

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The Sims Medieval launcher will run but the game won't launch from the launcher or straight from the .exe.

Message 11 of 162 (6,742 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Windows 8

Community Manager

Hi sisselpernille,

Make sure that you have a videocard driver for Windows 8. Just do a search für your videocard + driver + windows 8

Hope that helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 12 of 162 (6,795 Views)

Re: Fix for Sims Medieval - Windows 8 bug?

★★★ Newbie

Is there any word as to when it will be made compatible?  I don't have Windows 7 and my old computer is completely fried....

Message 13 of 162 (7,972 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] sims medieval and Windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Like many people, I have loaded The Sims Medieval, and it ran fine, I upgraded to Windows 8.. it ran until I upgraded the game with the patch.. now.. I hit play.. and the screen just sits there.. I check and the game is running in the background.. just not visible or playable on my PC.    I have seen a few questions mentioning it.. and just wanted to see if EA had made a response as of yet.  

Message 14 of 162 (6,711 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] The Sims Medieval and windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had just purchased The Sims medieval expansion Pirates and Nobles about 5 months ago or so.  I was excited to play it.  I installed it and let my son play it first.  The next day my computer died.  I couldn't fix the computer and I never got to play the game.  Money is tight so I wasn't able to get a new computer till just now.  The new computer has windows 8 on it.  Now I can't play the Sims Medieval at all because it doesn't work with windows 8.  I am begging you to please fix this issue ASAP.  I am very disappointed because I really enjoyed The Sims Medieval and it feels like you guys just gave up on that game and don't care about us customers at all.

When will you have an update so I can play The Sims Medieval on my windows 8 pc?  Please make it fast.

Message 15 of 162 (6,891 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] Windows 8 compatibility

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Is Sims Medieval compatible with Windows 8?

Message 16 of 162 (6,646 Views)

Re: Windows 8 compatibility

Hero

From what I'm reading on here, it does not seem to work, no

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 162 (6,639 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

If you install only the base game but don't install any patches or the expansion pirates and nobles, the game will work on windows 8.  Don't know why but it does.

Message 18 of 162 (9,172 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval Not Working On Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

If you only install the base game but don't install any patches or expansions like pirates and nobles the game will work on windows 8.  Don't ask me why but it does.

Message 19 of 162 (7,567 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

This doesn't work, I've tried this. Anything else we might be able to do?

Message 20 of 162 (6,756 Views)