The Sims Medieval Limited Edition Content Code

by BasketCase209

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims Medieval Limited Edition Content Code

★★★ Novice

Yes, I am aware this question has been asked before but none of the responses have worked for me.
I cannot find the box for my The Sims Medieval Limited Edition that has the promo code for the extra content.
In previous posts by people who have had this issue, they were directed to contact customer service. I did just that and they didn't seem to understand that there was a CD Key which is registered to my Origin account and a separate promo code that is entered in game to unlock the limited edition content.
They gave me a new CD key which was not the code that I needed. They did this twice.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/Limited-Edition-redeem-code/td-p/1437330
If you read this post the guy had the same problem, they gave him a new game key not a promo code. The community manager directed him to specify that it was a "Limited Edition Content Code" which I did specify the second time around to the second customer service agent. After dealing with an unbelievably rude customer service agent and describing the situation repeatedly, he finally told me there was no such thing as a second code. I provided him these links:

Bonus content: https://www.lifewire.com/sims-medieval-bonus-content-4064047
How to redeem bonus content: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/How-to-Register-The-Sims-Medieval-to-Origin/m-p/25282...
And he still insisted there was no code. I asked to speak to his manager. He too told me there was no code. I sent him these links and he still said there was no code. I asked how to speak to someone above him and he just said he was the highest and then I was "disconnected due to network failure".
So my question is, if customer service won't help me, how do I get my promo code if the box isn't present.

Message 1 of 14 (10,119 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims Medieval Limited Edition Content Code

★★★ Novice

@CMeki, I was hoping an EA employee would chime in, but your snide response leads me to believe they don't do that.
I found the box in my storage unit which contained my code. I entered it in and voilà, it worked just as customer service said it would not. Surprise, surprise.

Moral of the story: don't rely on EA customer service to help you if you have a problem. They created a separate forum where players do the work for them.

For other people having this issue in the future, here is a helpful response: since I was able to reenter my same Limited Edition Content Code after they swapped out my CD Key twice, I'm guessing these promo codes are resusable. If you can't find yours then you could probably ask a friend or do some digging online. The best thing to do preemptively is to save your code in a document and back it up to the cloud so if you do have trouble finding it in the future, you won't have to go through the hassle I went through just to get nowhere.

View in thread

Message 5 of 14 (11,165 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@BasketCase209

I'd say, try one more time! You'll get another person to chat with that might know more about this than your last contact Standard smile

Message 2 of 14 (10,070 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ugh, but each time I talk to a customer service agent it takes between 20-60 minutes just to get nowhere.
I was blown away how they couldn't figure it out so they just got hostile and then denied that there was a second code even though I provided them proof.
Great going, EA. This reflects badly on you.

Message 3 of 14 (10,040 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BasketCase209

Sorry you had this experience, but this is a community forum and we other players have no way of finding your code...

Message 4 of 14 (9,956 Views)

★★★ Novice

@CMeki, I was hoping an EA employee would chime in, but your snide response leads me to believe they don't do that.
I found the box in my storage unit which contained my code. I entered it in and voilà, it worked just as customer service said it would not. Surprise, surprise.

Moral of the story: don't rely on EA customer service to help you if you have a problem. They created a separate forum where players do the work for them.

For other people having this issue in the future, here is a helpful response: since I was able to reenter my same Limited Edition Content Code after they swapped out my CD Key twice, I'm guessing these promo codes are resusable. If you can't find yours then you could probably ask a friend or do some digging online. The best thing to do preemptively is to save your code in a document and back it up to the cloud so if you do have trouble finding it in the future, you won't have to go through the hassle I went through just to get nowhere.

Message 5 of 14 (11,166 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BasketCase209

Nice going, glad you found your code! Standard smile

Message 6 of 14 (9,903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you still have your content code?
I bought my disk back in 2011 and have everything but the extra content.
I had same troubles as you. They wanted me to contact the store for a 8 year old game!

Message 7 of 14 (6,685 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @Gavtaka.

Sorry to say, but we don't allow sharing codes on AHQ. However, if you are missing the code that should have come with the content, we do recommend reaching out to your retailer.

I know it's been a while, so we do recommend reaching out to the retailer as soon as you can following the realization that you are missing the code that should have come with the edition as they will be able to have your transaction details in their system. If you ordered it from Origin, then EA Help can step in there to take a look.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 8 of 14 (6,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game in 2011... So at what stage should I reach out to my retailer?
The code for the content comes in the CE box not generated by my retailer.
I tried to stress this in a chat with a customer service rep to be told
" Contact your retailer "

EA generates the keys, not the retailer.

So no you haven't helped look, Even when asked.

Message 9 of 14 (6,661 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Five years later and I finally get a response from EA.

The thing is, they went about it in a way where they can’t replace it. They weren’t really thinking ahead. Just trying to live in the money-now.

Hold onto your codes!

Also, their customer service was awful when I contacted them. They didn’t seem to have been trained. I remember I got disconnected after a while when they didn’t know what to do and there was nothing I could do to get them back or even offer feedback.

Message 10 of 14 (6,655 Views)