Re: The Sims Medieval Launches, but Does not Appear so I Can Play It

by mate54

Original Post

The Sims Medieval Launches, but Does not Appear so I Can Play It

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I tried playing with my cd, but it directed me to the Origin app. EA closed down the original site to launch the game, forcing people to use the Origin app, although licenses were sold without stipulating that that would be a requirement to play the game. I had already bought it again in the Origin app, so I own two licenses, but launching it from there does not work for either case. It worked in 2019 on my Win 8.1 computer. I have run the compatibility trouble-shooter in Win 10, but it failed to fix the problem. I tried repairing the files. That didn't work.

I have tweaked some things in Win 10, and can now launch this from my desktop, but only to the welcome page. After that, it is supposedly running, but it never pops up and cannot be accessed. I set the priority to high, and still nothing starts. I have also checked the compatibility mode to Win 7, but still, it does not work. 

I can find it. I can now launch it, but it does not start after the welcome screen. Or rather it supposedly starts, but it does not appear anywhere, except in the task manager.

Message 1 of 6 (1,326 Views)

Hero
@ThatCraigGirl Which version of the game do you currently have installed? Disk or Origin? Note that Origin download is the only version that will run on Windows 10/11 as SecuROM is not supported.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (1,285 Views)

Champion

@ThatCraigGirl, does Sims 3 run for you?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 6 (1,274 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did you read my post? I said specifically that I was being forced to use the Origin site. I tried the Origin first, it did not run. So, I uninstalled from the Origin app (yes, I have the app installed), and tried with the disc. The disc version updates to the origin site, thus forcing you to the Origin site, which is not working.

I do wish people would stop telling me how the Origin app or site are the only ones that work, when they do not work. The Origin app worked on my Win 8.1, but not Win 10. 

Message 4 of 6 (1,081 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I do not know. To play that, I have to re-install the ton of discs I have. Why? Origin did not bother remembering all the add-ons I have already purchased for Sims 3. I am sure I lost some of the ones I had already bought for Sims 4, but I sucked it up and bought them again. I am not re-purchasing the tons of add-ons for Sims 3. I was on vacation the last 2 weeks, and am not going to sit here for hours installing a game just to test for a different game.

So, no one knows why the Sims Medieval is not working on Win 10, when it worked on Win 8.1? I already messed around with something that is supposedly blocking it, but that didn't fix the issue. It allowed the game to launch to the title page, but I cannot play it.

Message 5 of 6 (1,077 Views)

Champion

@ThatCraigGirl , the reason we are asking is because Sims 3 and Sims Medieval share a similar game architecture and if one game runs the other should as well. 

So you have never run Sims 3 though Origin and played only from the disks. Correct? Did you register the disk codes on The Sims 3 site? If you did, it should have allowed you to download them for free from Origin as it would show that you owned the games and had registered them. Same for Sim Medieval. That too should be registered through The Sims 3 site. 

While it may sound frustrating to you, we have to ask these questions to narrow down where the problem lies. Does it lie with you installing the disk and trying to play the game that way? Is it because you never registered the game? It is due to some feature in Windows 10/11 preventing the game from running? 

We are trying to help you and the more information you can provide to us the better. Can you attach a text version of your dxdiag file?

Do you perhaps have a newer laptop that may require some of these steps to run Sims Medieval? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-Alder-Lake-Intel-12th-gen-CPU/td-p/1...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 6 (1,067 Views)