The Sims Classic

by autopimpmaster

Original Post

[The Sims] loading the Sims Deluxe Edition onto Windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have just bought a Windows 8 laptop and am in the process of loading my old games onto it. It successfully loaded Age of Empires and Dungeon Siege, so I know it takes old games designed originally for Windows 98/XP etc. However, the Sims Deluxe Edition loads to 95%, and then stops. Someone suggested opening up the properties file for the disk in my computer, but a.) when I do this the properties will not open, and b.) there is no option (as far as I can tell) to change the compatibility of the disk to Windows XP, which is what someone else suggested to get it to load and run. Hopefully someone can help me get it to run. Thank you!

Message 11 of 103 (5,016 Views)

[The Sims] Need Code for Install

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have an old PC game: The Sims Deluxe Edition and I'm trying to install it back onto my laptop but I've lost the booklet with the code on the back. How can I get a new code or recover the old one?

Message 12 of 103 (6,491 Views)

Re: [The Sims] I just deleted my normal Sim skins, help?

Community Manager

At the moment, The Sims 1 is not supported on these boards. However, I'm sure that the Answer HQ player community will be happy to help you.

If would would like to see The Sims 1 supported here, you can suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Best ideas will be periodically reviewed and implemented.

Thanks,
Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 13 of 103 (4,150 Views)

[The Sims] Sims complete collection issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After installing my 'The Sims' complete collection, I go to play it for an error to occur saying 'the default graphics card doesn't support Thousands of Colours
exit now'

What is this and how do I resolve the issue
I am on windows 8 with a brand new laptop so everything is the most up to date.

I have used the game on an old computer about 5 years ago which we then got rid of. It hasn't been used since

Thank You
Lauren

Message 14 of 103 (6,966 Views)

The Original Sims PC...

★★★ Newbie

This question actually pertains to the original Sims game for PC. I played years ago (2001? 2002?) and uploaded some houses on the EA website for people to download. Before the expansion packs became available I had some of the most downloaded houses on the website. Is there any way for me to view these hosues again? See how many downloades I ended up with in total? It would be very interesting to me to find out over a decade later!

Message 15 of 103 (6,172 Views)

[The Sims] Installing The Sims Complete Collection

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have just bought a computer with windows 8 and when I tried to install the Sims complete collection it does not work.

Not sure if its because of windows 8 but I would really appreciate some help on this.

Message 16 of 103 (6,958 Views)

is there support for the sims 1. my computer keeps crashing while trying 2 play it

★★★★★ Newbie

hi

i was wondering if there was any support for sims 1 anymore. when you download it asks you to signup. it crashes when i try 2 play it. also it came up with a error when i tried playing sims 3 on the same computer. it said something about update gamecard. but i thought only game cards where in nintendo ds products .

HELP ME!!!

Message 17 of 103 (6,941 Views)

Re: is there support for the sims 1. my computer keeps crashing while trying 2 play it

Hero (Retired)

I had a harder time trying to read your post as your Help Me in large caps is distracting and will also keep people from wanting to help. However, I am going to try & help, click this link and see if you can submit a support ticket:

Support Center - The Sims Resource

--------------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped!

Message 18 of 103 (6,936 Views)

Original Sims game

★ Newbie

Hi There,

I recently purchased and installed all expansions of the ORIGINAL "The Sims" game on my Windows 8 PC - the game fails to start and the following error message is given:

"Game failed to start as the default graphics card does not support thousands of colours"

Please help! I'm desperate to play this game!

Thanking you in advance,

Kylie

Message 19 of 103 (6,915 Views)

The Sims installation on Mac OS X

★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to install The Sims on a Mac, but the box won't tell me how. The package contains the instructions for a PC but not for the mac. And no, I'm not trying to install The Sims 2 or Sims 3, but the original Sims. Help please? 

Message 20 of 103 (6,907 Views)