The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin wont launch. (Windows 10)

by niback1992

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin wont launch. (Windows 10)

★★ Novice

Hi!

So got The Sims 2 ultimate collection to my origin account today. The problem is that the game won´t launch it just crashes.

I have windows 10.

Someone who can help me?

Message 1 of 25 (37,224 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin wont launch. (Windows 10)

★★ Novice
Thank you so much for your answer!

I had tried all that before but it didn't work, but then I updated my drivers and now it works Standard smile

So happy that I can play The Sims 2 again! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 25 (37,721 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @niback1992,

Welcome to the forums! Let me try to help Standard smile

First thing I would try is repairing the game through Origin. Just right click on the game and select the Repair option, Origin will do all the hard work Wink

If that doesn't work, have you already tried to give compatibility mode a try?:

1. Right click on the game shortcut in your desktop and select 'Properties'.
  2. Click on the Compatibility tab.

3. You can check the box under Compatibility mode and choose your preferred version of Windows from the pull-down menu. Select to run the game in compatibility mode with Windows XP Service Pack 3.

4. I would also recommend checking the box beside “Run this program as an administrator.” 

5. Click Apply to save your changes and then try launching your game again.

As Windows, and the hardware it runs on, has changed over time since the original launch of many of our games, unfortunately older games won't always run properly for you in compatibility mode under Windows 10, but it's worth trying!

Let us know if this helps, or if you have any questions!

-Mai

Message 2 of 25 (37,139 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you so much for your answer!

I had tried all that before but it didn't work, but then I updated my drivers and now it works Standard smile

So happy that I can play The Sims 2 again! Standard smile

Message 3 of 25 (37,722 Views)

EA app Team

Awesome, @niback1992!! Thanks for letting us know what helped!

Hope you have fun remembering The Sims 2!

-Mai

Random thought because why not: one of my favourite objects in The Sims 2 is the Thinking Cap, I wish that existed in real life! :D

Message 4 of 25 (37,104 Views)

★ Novice

i am old and definitely electronically challenged! My eight year old granddaughter knows more than me about electronics! I just got back online after a 6 year absence from it! I still have windows 7 on my computer that I purchased in 2010 from Walmart just before i retired! I'm sure i have old drivers that need to be upgraded or what ever you do to them! the launcher started acting up after i tried to download becks animated farm horse, as mine was not working right! Now it will not launch at all and has all kinds of writing about sims on it as well! Help me please I want to play my sims!

Message 5 of 25 (33,416 Views)

Champion

@gramsharri , welcome back. Standard smile Yes, you should update Windows 7, but do not update to Windows 10. So what exactly is the game doing? Is it launching? Or was it starting before you added the Farm Horse? Just trying to figure out what's going on so I can give you the right instructions.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 25 (33,389 Views)

★ Novice

It has a lot of writing on my launcher that it didn't have before i downloaded the farm horse! I finally got it to launch after i hit the remove script button several times! The farm horse works better at least they can ride but  they can not brush or clean so something didn't get down loaded right! I would like to at least remove all the script on my launcher!? It's all about sims 4 & I only have many ( like 14 sims 2 games)! can't afford to go with other sims games! I am very happy with  my sims 2 games! I have many custom downloads from mod the sims on my game! Are there any other sims 2 sites still available? 

Message 7 of 25 (33,360 Views)

Champion

@gramsharri , there are several sites still devoted to Sims 2. You should be able to search Google for them.

Message 8 of 25 (33,353 Views)

★★★ Novice
@niback1992 may I ask how you updated your drivers, windows 10 confuses me can't find anything (used to windows xp urgh)
Message 9 of 25 (33,272 Views)

Champion

@AbC5595a3631899 , you'd have to find out what make and model your Graphics card is and check the manufacturer's website for updated drivers. Once you download it, you'd need to follow the instructions from the site on how to install them.

Message 10 of 25 (33,249 Views)