The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin wont launch. (Windows 10)

by niback1992

Original Post

Re: The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin wont launch. (Windows 10)

★★★ Novice

thank you Standard smile but where do I find the cards on win 10? can't find anything with this new pc, used to do all on my own on XP lol now stuck!!

Message 11 of 25 (3,012 Views)

★★★ Novice
@AbC5595a3631899 AND ALSO I figured out there is a trojan in one of our dowonload files from ORIGIN, it's in the sims2ep9.exe (not in our pc) and it is called: tr/crypt.xpack.gen3 and it's in THEIR file (ORIGIN) not our pc so that crashes the game all the time. I tried getting rid of it but if you delete that program the game doesn't work anymore than it did before... so the problem is at the root... Installed the game last night, worked totally well and this morning, the game is still here but it won,t start and says it's not installed. so.... what can I do about that??? it's an origin file that's corrupted not my pc!
Message 12 of 25 (3,010 Views)

★★★ Novice

hello, I did all that and it didn't change anything but I notice there is a trojan in the Sims2ep9.exe
my pc foud it, I have a picture but it is in french but I think you can understand so here's the picture and you guys should check that Sims2ep9.exe, it is faulty and had a trojan, the pic says it all and even the name of the trojan!

Message 13 of 25 (3,001 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Mai I've been up all night trying to get my game to launch and I did what you said and my game is fixed! Thank you so much, you're a life-saver.
Message 14 of 25 (2,429 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having issues where the game isn't even booting up. I click "Play" and nothing even pops up. I've tried what yhou've suggested and nothing has fixed it. I've "repaired" it through Origin, as well as uninstalled, then reinstalled and nothing seems to be working. 

Message 15 of 25 (2,372 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, I have just come across this issue today and did all that you suggested but I still get the message that the games has crashed. I havent changed anything in my computer settings etc and had not played a little while so unsure as to why this is not working now. I even tried to repair game and update it with no luck.

Message 16 of 25 (1,970 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@BubsBunny92 , this sometimes happens with all games. However, I'd like for you to try the following as some times the game can't find what's its looking for and this is an easy fix.

Locate your Sims 2 folder (found Documents > EA Games > Sims 2). If you play Sims 3 and/or 4, there will be another folder called "Electronic Arts". Please ignore this folder. Move your Sims 2 folder to your Desktop. Do not copy and paste this folder or create a shortcut. Actually move the folder to the Desktop. This will reset the game to a vanilla state with no saved games, CC or mods present. Those will be safe on your Desktop for now. Start up the game to allow for a new folder to generate. If the game starts up ok, then play for about an hour or so to insure that no other issues are present at this time. You can save if you wish. 

Please let me know if this solves this issue for you and if you need help to transfer your saves, CC and mods back into the game.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 17 of 25 (1,943 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it. However this has not worked. I have no idea what has happened. I even completely uninstalled then re-installed as I originally had this through Origin but still no luck. It just keeps crashing. I've looked up a number of ways to try to fix but no luck as yet. 

Message 18 of 25 (1,919 Views)

Champion

@BubsBunny92 , did you apply Graphics Rule Maker so that the game recognizes your graphics card? That is usually what causes the game to crash. You didn't say exactly what you had tried to get the game to run except uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 19 of 25 (1,895 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, changed the compatibility to run in XP mode, increased the memory, downloaded the 4GB patch and now done the graphics ruler as the last thing. When I did this, I got the attached message so have no idea what that means. Appreciate your help though Standard smile

Message 20 of 25 (1,852 Views)