The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin keeps crashing (Windows 10) FEB 2018

by Jozo7O

Original Post

Re: The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin keeps crashing (Windows 10) FEB 2018

★★ Apprentice
@Tremayne4260 I definitely will. Standard smile I thought of all that CC too, and am starting the process of checking to rule in/out anything bad. Also still working to get the game to recognize my graphics card. But being able to play for that long gives me hope that I'll solve the problem eventually.
Message 61 of 82 (2,075 Views)

★★ Guide
@aprilraven I ended up putting back in The Sims 2 store content and so far my game is still running without crashing. I haven't had a crash since I used the DEP fix. I haven't tried any actual CC despite store content being seen that way, but I'm hoping this gives hope.
Message 62 of 82 (2,094 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@MsPigglyPooh That is very hopeful, thank you!
Message 63 of 82 (2,077 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Unplayable on Windows 10

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately I think the odds of them actually doing anything about it are more than extremely slim. I myself have been trying to get this game to work and have tried all the "fixes" available. My game still not only crashes mostly before I even make it in to a family, but there are pink flashing textures EVERYWHERE regardless of what I've tried. The sims themselves are pink t-poses as well so it's 100% unplayable. Hopefully somebody can eventually figure out how to make it work, but I'm doubtful.

Message 64 of 82 (2,055 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=8940 A solution posted by citrusalex has seemingly solved my problems! Doesn't seem to be a well known solution, but it fixed my problem and I think it's worth a try for other people as well. Thanks!
Message 65 of 82 (1,992 Views)

Champion

@KKonaTriHard , thank you for the information. Every little bit helps and I'm glad you are able to play.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 66 of 82 (1,969 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Update:  Fingers crossed, I have been playing my game for hours with no crashes, blue flashing or freezes.  I started from scratch with a new Graphics Rule file that included my specific video card, changed the seti texture to match what my system had available, applied the 4GB patch, and also the free ram program.  Still had crashes.  Then I pulled out all my downloads and started over with those too.  I downloaded clean neighborhoods, on the chance that maybe mine were corrupted, and then added in just the saved Lots I wanted.  That included extra CC that I sorted and then tested in game.  I also exited out of any other running programs and browsers before starting the game.  I do play with Origin running.  So far, so good.  I had no problems of any kind. 

Today I added in more CC files to test, and hit a wall of pink flashing and T-shaped sims when I loaded up my test house.  I'm shocked it didn't crash.  Exited, took out the files I had just added, and started the game again.  Everything was back to normal.  I would guess that I hit the ceiling on how much downloaded CC the game thinks it can handle, 3GBs, which is just about half of my 6GB dedicated RAM.  And I forgot that I have a Saved Sims folder from my old game, that has about another 3GB CC in it.  Most of it is in those gibberish numbered files so I'm trying to figure out how to clean that out without losing anything important.  Counting that folder, there is roughly about 6GB of CC that I'm able to play with--not the 8-10GBs I used to be able to load in Windows 7, but I'll take what I can get and just use the swapping folders in and out method for playing different neighborhoods. 

I'm delighted and thrilled to have this game back again.  Hope this is of some help to anyone else having trouble!

Message 67 of 82 (1,869 Views)

★★ Guide

my graphics card recently had another update and mine is back to crashing again. It will let me play for an hours or so and just crashes again. I'm not sure what was in the update for nvidia this time around but I just want to play like I was before. 

Message 68 of 82 (1,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@MsPigglyPooh  You could roll that update back, and just keep using the last version that worked for you.

Message 69 of 82 (1,723 Views)

★★ Guide
@aprilraven Thanks so much I'm gonna try that
Message 70 of 82 (1,717 Views)