The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin keeps crashing (Windows 10) FEB 2018

by Jozo7O

Original Post

Re: The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin keeps crashing (Windows 10) FEB 2018

★★★ Newbie

can you please explain how you did this because i am having the same issue and it makes filming very frustrating as i can't even film one scene without the game crashing

Message 21 of 82 (5,888 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Mai

Could you PLEASE assist me with the same issue? I am on Windows 10 Pro & have run the game compatibility in Windows XP, 7, 8, & Vista (with reduced color) and I already play in windowed as well. I can play mostly fine with the exception of CAS. I have only been able to make it through once without a crash! I NEED TO PLAY THIS AGAIN please advise!

Message 22 of 82 (5,856 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Mai are you able to help us with this issue? You last posted here in June and this problem is still unresolved for myself, and many other players.

It's unfortunate that this game just stopped working after I've put so many hours, and money into playing it.

Message 23 of 82 (5,796 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello @EA_Mai are you still helping people with this issue? I have been playing Sims2 for many years and bought all of the expansions and extra content packs when they were new.

In the last month is has just started crashing a few times an hour.  This is a real shame after putting so much money into it.

(I tried Sims3 but just did not like it)

Please can you help? Thanks!

Message 24 of 82 (5,659 Views)

★★ Novice
Same for me. This is not a coincidence.
Message 25 of 82 (5,629 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I can play the game with premade families, but it crashes when I try to change appearance or go to CAS. I tried everything you recomended before. 

Message 26 of 82 (5,368 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi. I'm having the same issues as everyone else. I've attached my dxdiag for you. I've also included info for my Alienware laptop. I was able to play this on my old laptop which was also Win10 but was a slower laptop. I can't tell you how much I do not enjoy Sims3 and 4 - I prefer Sims2. What can I do to keep it from crashing? Sometimes I'm able to play for about 20 minutes unless I try to send my sim to a different location, such as a community lot. Then it crashes. Other times, while loading the neighborhood page it crashes. Most frustrating. Why don't y'all set up a web-based version of the game we can use? Seems that would prevent some of these crash issues. Thanks.

Message 27 of 82 (5,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It seems we're all screaming into the void here, but I'll join the crowd.

I've got Windows 10. My game loads just fine until I try to play a family. While I'm on the family loading screen, the game crashes every time. I've tried everything suggested in this thread and nothing works so far. If I run The Sims 2 from my old CD's the game plays (with a few crashes, but at least it plays). I uninstalled my old game, because The Ultimate Collection would get me all the expansions and is supposedly stil supported. But all it does is crash.

Message 28 of 82 (5,137 Views)

★★ Novice

I wish I could load my old CD's - my particular laptop doesn't even have a cd drive to load from. The lack of answers about this issue is most frustrating. I demand a refund - at what I paid for the game, not current value or marked down values. I've been playing Sims3 but I really prefer all the options available with Sims2.

Message 29 of 82 (5,109 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the problem with running Sims 2 too. When the intro ends it's just crashes. I have a high specs computer and I understand that I can have this problem because of it, but still! My old bucket runs it with no problem, but not the good one!

Message 30 of 82 (4,874 Views)