Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection crashing constantly on windows 10

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Re: The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin keeps crashing (Windows 10) FEB 2018

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Nvidia 1070 Gtx. Can't play the game.

Message 31 of 82 (4,380 Views)

★★ Novice

Has any solution been given yet? I've not heard since my original post last month.

Message 32 of 82 (4,100 Views)

★★ Novice

Looks like the answer is No.... I'm still waiting for the anser too.

Message 33 of 82 (4,073 Views)

★ Novice

Have the exact same problem and sadly none of these help, I used to run perfectly fine a few months ago. I can only guess when I switched my 770 out for a 1070 that the new card just can't run this anymore it seems.

Message 34 of 82 (3,566 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, the game still runs just fine on my laptop using a 950m I think this problem may be with the NVIDIA GTX 10 series of cards.

Message 35 of 82 (3,558 Views)

★★ Novice

@0dragontiger0 I wish the solution was the easy... but I can't run the game with my 970.

Message 36 of 82 (3,222 Views)

Champion

@Ragrup , do a Google search on Graphics Rule.sgr and it should take you to a site that can edit this information to recognize newer graphics cards.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 37 of 82 (3,208 Views)

★★ Guide

Even with the Graphics rules maker my game still crashes. I have a GTX 1050 and it won't let me go to change appearance. I'm just gonna give up at this point and play Ts3. Goodbye TS2 you are much loved by me and will be missed dearly. Devil

Message 38 of 82 (2,907 Views)

Sims 2 Ultimate Collection crashing constantly on windows 10

★★★ Newbie

So I recently downloaded the Sims 2 UC and the game works fine most of the time in the loading screen and where you choose a world, but every time I click on a household to play the game crashes on the loading screen, and whenever I go onto CAS the game crashes about ten seconds into me creating a sim. I’ve looked around online for solutions but I haven’t found anything that works I’ve reinstalled the game and update my laptop. I think I’ve found other people with this issue and they all say it’s to do with an update in windows 10? I’ve played the Sims 2 before on previous laptops that had windows 10 and it worked perfectly. I’m hopeless with laptops and I really want to play this game again, I know it’s quite old but I would really like to get it fixed. Thanks Standard smile

Message 39 of 82 (2,911 Views)

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection crashing constantly on windows 10

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @izzybarrett.

Could you give some of the suggestions in this thread a try? If that doesn't work, please supply some more information about your computer, and we'll take a look.

Here's some information on how to get a DxDiag, which you can attach to your post: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 40 of 82 (2,874 Views)