Re: The Sims 2 ultimate collection origin keeps crashing (Windows 10) FEB 2018

by EA_Mai

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Ok, so I loaded it in the list of applications but I cant see anywhere where i can try switch graphics cards, what option do i change?

Message 11 of 82 (10,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I got my sims2 finally working by using this program

[Edited by EA_Mai: links to third party software not allowed, for security reasons]

basically open the program and select  'Location of your sims 2'\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin Sims2EP9.exe

I am still having some issues for example flashing pink textures but at least it works now.

Message 12 of 82 (10,568 Views)

EA app Team
Sorry for the wait, @Jozo7O.

As you don't get the option to switch cards, let's try something different, ok?

Please, go to C:/Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\__Installer\vc\vc2013\redist. You will find two applications in there. Right click in one of them and select 'Run as administrator'. Once finished, repeat the same with the other one.

This will reinstall the Visual C++ Packages the game requires to run, just in case they are installed wrong, or not installed. Please, give it a try and let us know if there's any changes.

Thank you!
-Mai
Message 13 of 82 (10,534 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello. Im having the same problem as described. I attempted to fix it as you previously mentioned, however, Im still not able to play Sims 2 normally.

The closest I am able to get to having the game run properly is if I run the program as Admin through Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) while using my Integrated Graphics. However, when doing this my graphics are terrible and the gameplay screen flickers no matter what graphics settings I choose.

Do you have any other suggestions on how to resolve this? It's strange that I was able to run it fine before, and then suddenly its just started crashing... I would really hate to never be able to play this game normally again.

Message 14 of 82 (9,975 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Ragrup,

Would you be willing to share a dxdiag of your computer with us so I can take a look to the technical information about your computer? If so, you can find instructions on how to get it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/td-p/1049584

Have you tried to play the game in windowed mode? That might help with the graphics.

Good luck!
-Mai
Message 15 of 82 (9,965 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Mai thank you for your reply! I know this is an old thread, so I appreciate you taking the time to revisit the topic.

Attached is my DxDiag file that you requested. I ran the game as Admin, using Windows Vista (Service Pack 2), and NON integrate graphics (which is what I would preferably like to play with so my game doesn't look like mashed potatoes haha).

The game crashed before I was able to select a neighborhood. It may be worth noting that I am sometimes able to move further into the game, however, it will still usually crash while trying to access CAS or the neighborhood, or when clicking the Main Menu icon.

Message 16 of 82 (9,953 Views)

★ Novice

Hello mai!

i've tried to do what you said on previous comments but my CAS still doesnt work, do you have any idea what i could do?

My pc is kinda crappy but it Works fine with ts3 and ts4 ( used to work fine with CD ts2, but i have never tried that on Windows 10)

ps: i have very recently rebooted all my pc back to the default settings and erased everything.

Message 17 of 82 (9,842 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello!  I'm also having some issues getting Ultimate Collection to work on my laptop.

After lowering the graphics options in the game and changing the game to play in XP service pack 2, I can now start creating a sim, but it doesn't last and will crash before I can complete the sim.  And cannot create in Body Shop, it opens but crashes when I click to create a sim.  I tried to lower the color mode to 8-bit and this did not work.  I can build houses but not create sims.

My laptop has an Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 card and is Windows 10 Pro.

Here is my dxdiag:

Message 18 of 82 (9,812 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Mai did you have an opportunity to look at my DxDiag? I am still unable to play the game. I have even reimaged/ reset my computer without any luck.

Message 19 of 82 (9,436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had similar issue recently. It was very strange for me since I have played TS2UC year ago on the same laptop with no issues. I have tried lots of possible solutions. It took me over 4 hours. I was about to give up, when  remembered that due to power saving I had disabled one of GeForce cards. When I turned SLI back on and restarted my laptop the issue was no more. I believe that the game is trying to use memory on disabled video card.

Message 20 of 82 (9,364 Views)