Re: The Sims 2 ultimate collection blink blinking problem

by crinrict

Original Post

The Sims 2 ultimate collection blink blinking problem

★★★ Newbie

So... I downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection... Everything seems to be running fine. BUT! Sometimes when I rotate the camera The walls and floor desapear for a few seconds, I can see that this is limited to small saqures, they change sizes and location. This is driving me crazy. I can play the game but it is really annoying. I believe it is somekind of compability problem, but I have no idea how to proceed... Does anyone know what to do?

Message 1 of 11 (32,066 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, perhaps updating your display drivers will help?

http://help.ea.com/en/article/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (32,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did that already... Didn't work

Message 3 of 11 (32,033 Views)

Community Manager

Can you post your computer specs? Does swapping to xp compatibility mode help at all?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 11 (32,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried compability... didn't work either... I'm trying to run it on my leptop, it is not a good computer but i refuse to have problems with such an old game...

It does not have a video card, but if that was the problem reducing all the graphichs to low should have solved it.

Core i5 3230m
4Gb ram
I have intel hd graphics 4000

I read somewhere that maybe downgrade the graphic driver should work... but i don't want to affect my other game's performeance.

Message 5 of 11 (32,011 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Here's an older thread I found. Maybe that helps

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/The-Sims-2-Flickering-Flashing-on-Windows-8/td-p/2201311

also this

http://modthesims.info/t/517700

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (32,009 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That was really helpful! It seems I have to change the smooth edge settings, the problem is that mine is grayed out. Maybe the onboard graphic card is not enough :/
I will keep looking for a solution now that i know what to look for. Thanks!

Message 7 of 11 (32,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had a similar graphic problem with my Origin Ultimate Collection which I solved by changing the smooth edge settings to high.

My smooth edge settings were grayed out but this can be changed by editing the "Graphics Rules.sgr" file.

The file can be found in the following directory (Win 7 / Win 10):

Documents / Ea Games / The Sims 2 (Latest Expansion or Stuff Pack installed) / TS Data / Res / Config 

Copy the file before changing it!

Open the file with a text editor e.g. "Notepad"  and press ctrl + F to search all appearances of "enumerateMultisampleLevels" and change "false" to "true".

Make sure each time "enumerateMultisampleLevels" appears it has "true" next to it.

Then you can start the game and change the settings to high.

After that, I had no more problems.

Message 8 of 11 (30,842 Views)

★ Novice

I did try doing that but it always went back to false

Message 9 of 11 (27,323 Views)

★ Novice

I do realize i'm VERY late to this (5 years to be exact) but it might help you and other people having the same problem who come across this post.  Here's a video i found helpful that helped me fix some of the problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywEnNw2dn8. 0.

Hope that helps some of you!

Message 10 of 11 (24,718 Views)