The Sims 2 Ultimate/Super Collection for Mac? (and other questions)

by Joe-2034

Original Post

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for Macs?

★★★ Newbie

Bootcamp is expensive, takes a lot of space and isnt always reliable. 

I used it on my old Mac and had quite a few problems. 

Shame this isnt available for Macs, I was looking forward to playing the Sims again. 

Message 30 of 60 (1,824 Views)

★★★ Novice

It would be really nice to play this game for Mac because I spent numerous hours in the past playing this game from day to night:catsurprised:. (Although I do have 2 windows laptops (one of them is really messed up and the other is 8 years old but is slow but i used that one more for TS2 back thenConfusedmileysadStandard smile, I'd rather not play on them or that one)

But EA MAYBE isn'tletting this game for Mac users play this game because the original TS2 (by EA)  was made only on Windows. Another company by the name of Aspyr has converted TS2 files to be compatible with Mac (although the game costed more for Mac) which is why you may see that others have played TS2 for Mac.

Even if EA made this game Mac compatible, you would've only got to play majority of the expansion packs that aspyr made (uninversity-bon voyage *NOT including any stuff packs since they didnt convert those*). If not, EA is probably making a version for Mac users with a different code at a different time or they might make an update allowing Mac users to use the product. A good theory I thought of was if Aspyr did convert TS2 Ultimate Colletction to Mac (since the Mac version of TS2 from Aspyr came out a few months after the original was released) at a later time.

Lastly, (sorry I wrote too much Confusedmileyfrustrated: ConfusedmileylolStandard smile the game IS free so EA actually has the right to make it for only windows considering no business would be made UNLESS someone does decide to pay for a Mac version. 

I hope that got your thinking process going for this and maybe my theories may come true :catvery-happy:

Message 31 of 60 (1,773 Views)

The sims 2 Ultimate Collection (Mac)

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

How can windows people have "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" for free and we as mac people can not? This is not fair!!

Message 32 of 60 (1,577 Views)

Re: Will The Sims 2 (Ultimate Collection) make it's way onto the Mac?

Hero

From what I hear, not all expansions work on mac and therefore there won't be a mac version.

EA made the Sims 2 UC cause technical support is running out.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 60 (1,568 Views)

Sims 2 Ultimate not for Mac users? :(

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got SO EXCITED when my brother told me about this amazing deal. BUMMER it only works if you have a PC.... Will it ever be available for mac? Please say yes!

Message 35 of 60 (1,549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Bootcamp is not windows itself, but a program you can use to install windows. I you want to put windows on your computer, you will have to buy it for about $88.00 US dollars. Also, whether bootcamp works or not depends on how much hard drive space you have available. If you don't have enough, it will cause huge problems. You can see more on apple's website.

Message 36 of 60 (1,507 Views)

Re: Is there any reason why The Sims 2 is not available on Mac? I know it was released on OSX

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

A company by the name of Aspyr developed the mac version of the Sims 2, and they only developed a few of the expansions. Because of this, there, at this time, is no Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for mac. There is a very slim chance there will be a version for mac in the future, but you never know! Feel free to look into this more, as I am no expert.

Message 37 of 60 (1,559 Views)

Can't play Sims 2 it on my mac????

★★★ Newbie

How come it's only allowed for PCs? I just installed everything to try and play Sims 2 and now it's saying it's only available for a PC. Any way around it?

Message 38 of 60 (1,500 Views)

Re: Can't play Sims 2 it on my mac????

★★★ Novice
It's not made for MAC yet... you will need to wait and see if EA does it.
Message 39 of 60 (1,492 Views)

Re: Will The Sims 2 (Ultimate Collection) make it's way onto the Mac?

★★★ Apprentice

It's not like The Sims 2 isn't avaliable for Macs. IT IS, as well as SIX expansion packs. It's a really generous move from EA to make the entire collection avaliable for players on Windows, but Mac users still have to pay full retail price for the base game and all 6 Mac EPs, whilst windows users get a 100% discount.

Even if you don't release the full Ultimate Collection for Macs (as many of them aren't ported), Please be fair and release all TS2 Mac games, as you did for Windows.

Joe (and Mac users worldwide)

Message 40 of 60 (1,473 Views)