Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition Black Squares problem on Windows 10 High Shadows

by dmr2015

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition Black Squares problem on Windows 10 High Shadows

★★★★ Novice

I know more people made a thread about this, but I wasn't able to find something similair to this.

And before you start reading the rest of this thread: sorry for my bad English because am Dutch.

So I download The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection today. And after fixing the resolution to go from 800x600 or 1920x1080, I've got another problem.

And even two. I am not able to change the soft edges slider, and I want to be able to play without black box shadows. I only see black boxes.

And I don't want to turn them off, since the game without shadows makes it look less, nice... I think it does.

So please, someone help me.

And if there's someone who was able to play the game with shadows on high but had this problem before too and was able to fix it without turning them off.

And please do not redirect me to another thread with only telling the player to turn them off. Because as I said before, I want to be able, to play the game with shadows turned on at high.

I hope someone knows the fix for it, and maybe EA won't react to this at all since the game isn't really supported? Or do they mean, not supported as in: Not in the Origin store anymore.

(THE PICTURE ATTACHED TO THIS THREAD IS "NOT" MINE, I JUST TOOK IT FROM THE INTERNET)

Message 1 of 8 (148,638 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition Black Squares problem on Windows 10 High Shadows

Message 4 of 8 (163,004 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I had this issue too, a while ago. It is a easy fix. Go into your options, and turn off floor reflections. It is some weird issue with your graphics card. If you have a mac, I would recommend you buy the Sims 2 Super Collection for Aspyr, because it works a lot better.

If this helped you, please consider giving some XP.

I am not a representative for EA. I am here to simply share my knowledge, and help people fix their games. Thanks.

Message 2 of 8 (148,594 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry but didnt work.

Message 3 of 8 (148,591 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 4 of 8 (163,005 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OMG, thanks

Message 5 of 8 (148,504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't see that option.

Message 6 of 8 (114,599 Views)

★★★ Novice

Omg it worked thanks so much! Was driving me bad, these black rectangles! Thanks again! I’ve also xp’d you lol 

Message 7 of 8 (82,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, a quick fix is turn shadows to medium, there still pretty good quality but you don’t get the boxes, I hope this helps

Message 8 of 8 (77,135 Views)