Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

by fantuanss

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@EA_Arcadia It's post #4 in this thread that we are posting in here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-The-Sims-Games/The-Sims-2-Ultimate-Collection/m-p/10478689/highlight...

Quote:
Also, is it possible to get a thread approved in Other Sims Games category, that contains useful tools and mods that help with game compatibility (such as Graphics Rules Maker, 4GB Patch, bug fix mods, etc.)? Both The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 have such threads and this would make it much easier for players to get help with their games.

End quote.

I think it is a very good suggestion, and needed, since the questions asked in this section of AHQ is often about the same issues, and there are solutions, but we are not allowed to link to them or to the forums where the posters can be helped.

Message 11 of 109 (2,325 Views)

EA Watch

Thanks @DonroaAkashu!

Hey there @mate54, in answer to your questions:

Licensing to GOG:

Its entirely possible that the game could be licensed to someone else to publish/maintain in the future, however we have no information or awareness of that occurring at this time. Never say never and all that, but no current plans.

Pinned thread on Sims 2 Issues:

Definitely! We're always interested in highlighting important and useful threads for other players to easily access. If someone would like to put this together we can ensure it gets pinned.

Message 12 of 109 (2,304 Views)

Hero
@EA_Arcadia Thank you for replying. I also want to ask if we can include (and link to) certain third-party fixes and mods for the game which are often used to make it playable. Those usually aren't allowed here, but since The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 forums have been allowed a thread that contains the links (threads linked in my previous comment), it would be nice to also have such a thread for The Sims 2 as well.

Examples of mods/fixes that could be linked to are Graphics Rules Maker, 4GB Patch, Shadow Fix mod, and similar mods that fix bugs with the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 109 (2,299 Views)

EA Watch

@mate54 Lets start with just in-house links to start with then we can look at some of the ones external to EA Standard smile

Message 14 of 109 (2,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EA_Arcadia Unfortunately, there isn't really anything to link in-house, because even the original patches for The Sims 2 are not available on any official EA site; they are currently only archived on third-party sites unless they can be uploaded officially somewhere. However, they pose another problem: on Windows 8/8.1/10, some of them crash (base, University and Nightlife) and corrupt installations, unless a third-party program is used to run them and bypass the errors.

The Sims 2 just hasn't aged well in terms of compatibility, and there isn't really a way to run it without using extra tools first. It is very unfortunate, but there is no other way.

I'll try to see what can be posted without including any links, but I really wish we could get the approval for just that one post/thread, like The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 help forums got. Of course, if any mod/fix is found to be inappropriate for this forum, it can be removed. If necessary, we can first send everything to be reviewed by you, or someone else, to see if it can be posted here.

Message 15 of 109 (2,280 Views)

Champion

@mate54 and @EA_Arcadia , most of the "fixes" for Sims 2 aren't really found in any recent threads and many of them are very old information and mainly pertain to Windows 8. As @mate54 said many of the fixes are third party mods which we can't directly link to due to Forum Rules. However, I'm sure we can come up with a list of the names of these mods, what they fix and where to find them even if we can't link to them directly.

@mate54 , let's start another thread for this discussion as the focus has wandered off topic and we can best put our heads together elsewhere. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 16 of 109 (2,238 Views)

bring sims 2 ultimate collection back to origin

★★ Novice

they should bring back sims 2 ultimate collection, I missed it and been wanting to play. I will seriously pay any amount if it was on origin

Message 17 of 109 (2,269 Views)

Re: bring sims 2 ultimate collection back to origin

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @twylaa101.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 18 of 109 (2,248 Views)

★★★ Guide

I agree that it should make a return. Purchasing DVD copies may be really hard in some regions, some regions even never produce combo pack, make it even hard to get. 

Even we got it, some of the DVD's were scratched because it was really old. Some modern computers don't have DVD drives, and some of them refuses to install. 

There is currently no way to get this game legally, a lot of players need to ___ to get the game, some of them may need to search and pay high shipping price to get a DVD copy, and there is a lot of players never knew they can contact support to get the game digitally, which they now can't get the game they purchased.

There is a petition on change.org currently has near 11700 signed, just want to get the game again. I don't know why EA have no plans even thousands of player want the game have a return, a lot of players would want to play the game safe and legal. 

Message 19 of 109 (2,189 Views)

Hero
@fantuanss Hopefully there should be more help for players using disk copies soon. If I am going to be honest, even just letting players redeem the current version of the game without fixing anything would be huge.

But alas, it seems that it is not in the plans at the moment. Of course, I wish that to change one day, especially because they see that players are passionate.

Message 20 of 109 (2,179 Views)