The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on EA App Desktop

by wallaosg

Original Post

Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on EA App Desktop

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluegayle I´ve cleaned the cache for the EA app right now, so I´m going to try.

About the compatibility mode, wich one should I use? Windows 7?

Thank you ^^

Message 71 of 103 (998 Views)

Champion
@ARP1922 That works for some so all you can do is try. Good Luck!!
--------------------------------------

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 72 of 103 (991 Views)

Hero
@ARP1922 The Sims 2 requires some tweaking to run on Windows 10/11. You need Graphics Rules Maker to fix graphics and enable settings that prevent crashing.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 73 of 103 (985 Views)

Champion

Just a heads up that i uninstalled Origin (trying to fix sims3) and I lost my Sims2 UC.

I reinstalled Origin but am not going to open it as it will go through the whole verifying thing again which is another pain in the neck.

Though Sims2 DD shows up of course on my app I am just going to leave it for now. The download button works but is actually attempting to dl/install the DD only.

Just get a separate file to download.

Something has happened with Sims3 so hopefully 2UC will be next. Fingers crossed. 

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” — Walt Whitman

Message 74 of 103 (944 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluegayle so you´ve installed Origin and The Sims 2 UC wasn´t there anymore?? That´s odd.

Contact EA for assistance, because if The Sims 2 UC was in your library, it should remain there as you claimed it at some point in the past.

Does The Sims 2 DD appear in your EA app library? Because that was what happened to me. I have The Sims 2 UC in Origin and the in the EA app it shows as The Sims 2 DD (Double Deluxe).

Message 75 of 103 (913 Views)

Champion
@ARP1922 Yes its in Origin. I just meant as I had gotten UC to open in the App that when I uninstalled Origin (one of many methods of trying to get Sims3 store content) UC was no longer available on App. I have since reinstalled everything and just playing on Origin for now and of course have Sims2 back in order. PHew I presume its still available on the App as well just still under the heading of the DD store version. Going to wait a bit before I run the EA app again.

Message 76 of 103 (902 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I just got on my EA app today and saw that sims 2 has been un-downloaded, I've sent an error thing but to be honest I'm not expecting much back :/

When I pressed download on the sims 2 it sent me to my internet and downloaded a ZIP file, which contains the sims 2 auto run and all its files so I can only assume they are getting rid of it on the app and sending the sims 2 to us in a ZIP file. I've not ran it yet as I want to back up my save files and the like, but it just says the sims 2 store version, and I'm not sure if that is the UC or not. Just wanted to throw my two pence out there and share what's happened to me and if anybody else has had this yet, everything seemed fine in November when I last played it.

Message 77 of 103 (835 Views)

Champion

@CyborgPanda97 , yes the Store version (labeled incorrectly so I've been told) is Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. After installing the game, you will still need to apply the 4GB patch and Graphics Rule Maker to add your graphics card for the game to recognize. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 78 of 103 (821 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

The first time i switched to the app Sims 2 showed up as Double Deluxe (no zip file) but properties showed it correctly as UC ( check screenshot) and it ran perfectly  but  after some issues with Sims 3 I had uninstalled Origin and the app to start over.

The next time I got the zip file but it only opened  the store version.  So if you do install it check the properties to see what you did get.

I went back to Origin for now as its the only way I can use my store content on Sims3.  Hoping that issue is fixed as well as with Sims2 install when they close out Origin.

Message 79 of 103 (815 Views)

Hero
@CyborgPanda97 If you are getting the ZIP file, it is very likely The Sims 2 Store Edition (Sims2SC), which is now useless since The Sims 2 Store was shut down. Please check the dates on the files inside it, they should be dated June 2012. If so, you got Store Edition.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, if you ever get lucky, should install without any ZIP files, directly through EA App.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 80 of 103 (804 Views)