The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on EA App Desktop

by wallaosg

Original Post

Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection NOT showing on EA Desktop app

★ Apprentice

Sorry for just jumping into the thread earlier without much information. I was on mobile and didn't read as carefully as I should have, and I'm sorry for the trouble. If this info helps with anything at all, when I did download it, DD installs as Ultimate Collection and has the correct install path and files, and I could launch the game fine after. I took some screen shots. Thank you @mate54 for your first reply in the thread, it was your answer that made me try it and see that it does work for me on my end at least.

Message 31 of 103 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Oh, I´m gonna try that to see if it´s fixed in my account too.

By the way, in your screenshot I can only see some packs of TS2. Are some of them missing or there are more folders that we don´t see in the picture?

Anyway, thanks for the info¡¡¡

Edit: Nothing changed, stills giving me an error Devil

Message 32 of 103 (1,527 Views)

Re: Sims 2 and EA app

★ Apprentice
@mate54 Thank you, I hope EA fixes the issue soon.
Message 33 of 103 (1,816 Views)

Hero

@ARP1922 Ultimate Collection contains every Expansion and Stuff Pack released for The Sims 2, either in Collection folders or their own folders:

• Double Deluxe (Base game, Nightlife, Celebration Stuff)
  • University Life Collection (University, Teen Style Stuff, IKEA Home Stuff)
  • Best of Business Collection (Open for Business, H&M Fashion Stuff, Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff)
  • Fun with Pets Collection (Family Fun Stuff, Pets, Mansion & Garden Stuff)
  • Seasons
  • Bon Voyage
  • FreeTime
  • Apartment Life
  • Glamour Life Stuff
  • Holiday Edition
  • Happy Holiday Mini Pack

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 34 of 103 (1,811 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oooh thanks!

I didn't remember the folders content since I didn't play TS2 UC some years ago.

Anyway, is not fixed in my case. Stills showing the same error message 😔

Message 35 of 103 (1,784 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all,

At the moment The Sims 2 (amongst other Maxis titles) does require Origin to function as it isn't compatible with the 64 bit EA app.

As we get closer to Origin's eventual sunset we continue to explore options for the future of The Sims 2 and hope to have more information to share soon.
EACade
Message 36 of 103 (1,760 Views)

Hero

@EA_Cade Hi, some players, such as @GallopingStarr, have been able to download The Sims 2 from EA App. I have also been able to download Sims 2 Spinoff titles (The Sims Life Stories, The Sims Pet Stories and The Sims Castaway Stories) from my account using EA App, even though they are 32-bit apps.

If possible, please let whoever is working on this know that The Sims 2 only has an error when downloading. Once installed, EA App recognizes it and is able to launch it. Some players also got The Sims 2 Store Edition when they were trying to download The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

I have another question, as this is something I have noticed with my library. Do you have any information on whether The Sims 3 Create a Sim and The Sims 3 Pets Create a Pet Demo will be moved over to EA App? I own them on Origin but they still haven't shown up in EA App, while TS4 Create a Sim Demo has.

Message 37 of 103 (1,726 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @mate54,

Thanks for that info, I'll pass that along! As far as the Create a Sim and Create a Pet demos, I believe they will be retired.
EACade
Message 38 of 103 (1,719 Views)

Hero
@EA_Cade Time to back up those two then. Thank you for the information and for passing on the info.

Speaking of retiring, will The Sims 4 Create a Sim Demo be retired too after The Sims 4 goes free to play? I see a badge on Origin that says it will “expire” on October 18. Does that mean it will disappear or will it still be available to players who own it?

Message 39 of 103 (1,711 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @mate54,

Correct, The Sims 4 Create a Sim Demo will no longer be able to be launched and will be removed from your library on the 18th.
EACade
Message 40 of 103 (1,708 Views)