The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on EA App Desktop

by wallaosg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on EA App Desktop

★ Guide

Hello!

I was wondering when will EA migrate The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection from Origin to the EA App Desktop? I love TS2 and I want to keep playing it and I don't want to lose it from my library, but I'm a little apprehensive about whether EA will actually do this migration. The game already appears in the EA App library, but it gives an error when downloading.

Message 1 of 103 (30,573 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on EA App Desktop

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Guys, good news they fixed the issue and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection shows up on the EA App to download & install now if you own it. What a relief.

View in thread

Message 97 of 103 (30,975 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@wallaosg , I had asked when the EA app

was released if they would have older games on it. At the time no one was sure. They may or may not. While it may show in your library, the game itself may not be actually there. I would continue to play through Origin until something officially is announced. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 103 (30,534 Views)

Hero
@wallaosg Although The Sims 2 now shows up in EA App, we will have to wait for EA to fix the download error, as it is a widespread issue.

However, since it is registered to your account, you might still be able to run the game with EA App open after installing it from Origin, if that is your preference.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 103 (30,526 Views)

★ Guide

@Tremayne4260 @mate54 Thanks for the answer, but my biggest fear is that EA will disable Origin in the future without having migrated The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection yet. I hope that there will be this migration, because it is a game that I love very much and it would be very unfair of them to do that since it is a game that I rescued on the platform. I know there has already been a migration from The Sims Stories (Life, Castaway and Pets), but so far nothing from TS2. Regarding the installation of The Sims 2 UC, I already have it installed on my PC by Origin.

Message 4 of 103 (30,497 Views)

Champion

@wallaosg , I don't think EA will disable Origin in the near future as they do not have an EA App for the Mac OS. And there is no word of them developing a version in the near future either.

Message 5 of 103 (30,450 Views)

Re: Will 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection' be available for download on 'EADeskto

★★★★ Novice
@Bruce_Andrutz4ev How did it go, i wondering exactly this at the moment. Owning some old games I still want to be able to download. Should I download them before changing maybe just to be sure?
Message 6 of 103 (30,429 Views)

★ Guide

@Tremayne4260 Hello, It was announced today that EA will disable Origin for Windows by the end of this year.

Message 7 of 103 (30,278 Views)

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection not working on EA App

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Other (Please Describe)
Please describe On Origin but not on EA App
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06/10/22
Summarize your bug The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection not on EA App library but I have it in my Origin app library. Game does not run with EA app installed.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure how you can replicate the bug, it looks like The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection did not transfer over to the EA app.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game does not launch and the EA app then displays a pop up saying there is an issue with the EA app.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection added to my library as I have it on Origin and it looks like it did not transfer over yet.

I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin, however when I downloaded the EA App yesterday my game was replaced with The Sims 2 Deluxe and it does not work. When I try to play the game the EA app says there is an issue on EA's end and to try again later. When I uninstalled the EA app and redownloaded the Origin app, the game was there and loaded correctly. If there are plans to replace the Origin app with the EA app I'm hoping this is resolved soon...

Message 8 of 103 (29,455 Views)

Re: Will 'The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection' be available for download on 'EADeskto

Hero
@sweet_sims83 Since it has been a while that this thread was updated, The Sims 2 has shown up in EA App library. However, it gives users a download error at the moment, which is something EA needs to fix.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 103 (30,364 Views)

Champion

@Bruce_Andrutz4ev , at this time there is no "official" announcement that Sims 2UC will or will not be available. If you own it in Origin now, it should be available when EA App officially launches. If it is not, then I would contact EA Help to let them know they need to fix it on their end and hopefully the issue will be escalated to the proper channels.

Message 10 of 103 (30,297 Views)