The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection not working on Windows 8

by LadySapphira24

Original Post

Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection not working on Windows 8

★★ Novice

This is the anwser. Just wait and it will start ( 5mins for me). i also tried so many diff things to start the game but nothing worked so i just waited and it started. 

Message 51 of 64 (2,307 Views)

★ Novice
Try updating from Windows 8 to 8.1, it takes about an hour but the game works properly for me.
Message 52 of 64 (2,252 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's impossible to run The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Windows 8.1. I tried everything:
- Every compatibility possible. (With or without administrator permission, 8 bit, 16 bit, Windows 95, 98, XP SP2, XP SP3, Vista, 7 e etc).
- Set Permission to everyone in properties to The Sims 2 root folder.
-Searching some issue on Windows Regedit (Searching for "Sims" key).
- Everything are up to date.
- Setting to work with only one CPU Core, with or without more priority.

I give up...

If someone knows something, please, please please tell us... Sorry my mistakes...

Message 53 of 64 (2,193 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When you open the game, it will say "Sims 2 Pet Edition" or something like that, and then it won't do anything for a while. It's not frozen. Leave it like that for 10 or so minutes, and it will eventually load into the game. After that, when you try to open it again, it will load in 20 or so seconds. When you play the game, a lot of things that you do for the first time will be like that, but only for the first time. The only issue I'm having with the game right now, is it crashes when I try Creating a Sim, or when I try to play a sim already made. 

Message 54 of 64 (2,107 Views)

★ Novice

My sims 2 also crashes but at random points. I could be playing it for 2mins to 20mins but eventually it crashes nd ive tried running it on different service packs but still the same. My only guess is that it dont work on windows 8.1 properly but seeing as the majority have windows 8, you think this would never of been a problem. Why bring out a game for free that you clearly didnt bother checking if it worked on all windows haha EA have pissed people off. Not made them happy haha

Message 55 of 64 (1,982 Views)

★★★ Newbie

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446

This seemed to fix my game played it now for about 4 hours without a crash, i think it was basically the game not recognising my graphics card.

Message 56 of 64 (1,871 Views)

★ Novice

me too.

Message 57 of 64 (1,762 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Mine said something about an integer dividing by zero? HELP??

Message 58 of 64 (1,738 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem! I'm trying to run it on windows 8, and it keeps freeezing/ going funny when I get to the create a Famiy screen. D:

I hope they fix it soon. I've tried  running it in compatability mode, I've tried updating and repairing through  the origin client too.

Message 59 of 64 (1,525 Views)

The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection NOT WORKING for windows 8?

★★★ Newbie

Hello! so, i've downloaded the ts2: uc from origin, and when i click 'play' or double-click the TS2 Icon on my desktop, nothing works.

i really wanna play this, but its not working at all. nothing is opening or anything. i don't see any TS2 Logo on my taskbar. nothing.

please help! Confusedmileysad:

Message 60 of 64 (1,529 Views)